New Taco HI-life!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Survive.
VernonSC is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: JV
VernonSC's Tacoma Gallery
New Taco HI-life!

From SoCal, but stationed here in Hawaii. This is actaully my first car! I told myself, no matter what, my first whip was going to be something I actually want. not something parents just give their kids. I bought in the beginning of March and it already had a lift/nerf bars/ and upgraded tires and wheels, but the guy i bought it off of obviously had no idea about the specs. My bank priced it at 14k, I kellybluebooked it at about 11k, and he sold it to me for 9.8k ..101k miles..not too bad, I'd say.

I've already swapped out all the fluids and added new windshield wipers. just minor stuff pay check by paycheck until my friend told me about TWF. stoked about this site because it's taught a great amount about my truck so far. Thanks to this site I'm starting to upgrade parts on my taco that actually matter to me.

next paycheck im switching out my bulbs on my headlights to some PIAA 15224 H4 Style Xtreme White 12V 60/55=110/100-Watt Bulbs, getting an LED switch on my dash lights, and definitely some new floor mats.
after that, cherry bomb vortex exhaust or magnaflow catback and swapping out the muffler for either a flowmaster super 44 or an aeroturbine 2525.
also, either Raceline Raptor wheels or Ballistic Jester's.
havent decided on any lifts yet because I don't have enough knowledge about them..but I figure those were a good starting point beside for the small details like clear sides for headlights or seat covers or painted fender flares and bumpers/grills.

if anyone has suggestions about anything, I'm all ears! definitely want whats best for my truck :]
Old 06-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World, from Nova Scotia.

Frank
Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Survive.
VernonSC is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: JV
VernonSC's Tacoma Gallery
appreciate it, guys! anyone have recommendations on tires? this my daily driver but i also like hitting the mud and trial maybe once a week when i have time. you know, something thats not super noisy on the road, but thats durable and tread wont wear down too fast