Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

polling for input; new to me 06, with a few things allready broken

Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
mynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud of

Name: greg
mynewtoy's Tacoma Gallery
op all the things you mentioned are pretty easy fixes. and it really doesn't matter what the previous owner did in it because it is yours now and you can do what ever you want with it. enjoy the tacoma!!!!!!

p.s. run away from tacomaworld its a trap.your wallat will thank me later.lol
Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #22
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post
i was searching some pics on linex on the rocker panels today and it looks like this truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
it'd be great if i could find the previous owner's profile and confront him with all his tales and pics of him off-roading this truck.

it doesn't bother me at all that he did, but that he is denying it. ... i should not care about it. there are more important things i should be doing right now. .... like going to sleep.

thanks for the quick and help-ful responses, you guys!
i've got some reading to do, and i'm sure i'll be back with more questions tomorrow.
That's definitely the truck. I'm like 90% sure. If I remember correctly, the original owner was from Pennsylvania and was a member here. I'm on my phone now but I'll do some digging when I get to my computer.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
That's definitely the truck. I'm like 90% sure. If I remember correctly, the original owner was from Pennsylvania and was a member here. I'm on my phone now but I'll do some digging when I get to my computer.
going to look in the pa thread, and see if i can find out who it is.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #25
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post
here is the thread he is the 24th post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...h-black-2.html
yep. looks like it had an ARB front bumper as well at some point.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
nilla is on a distinguished road
Navy: honorably discharged MM2 (Nuclear)
Name: matt
nilla's Tacoma Gallery
you guys are awesome! everyhting i'm seeing/reading matches up.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #29
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the seller was a ginger (red-headed) named Aaron, from Richmond VA if that helps confirm

Old 06-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #30
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it'd be great if i could find the previous owner's profile and confront him with all his tales and pics of him off-roading this truck.

it doesn't bother me at all that he did, but that he is denying it. ... i should not care about it. there are more important things i should be doing right now. .... like going to sleep.

thanks for the quick and help-ful responses, you guys!
i've got some reading to do, and i'm sure i'll be back with more questions tomorrow.
First, To let people know that I sold it in October 2011 to a guy from VA that I never knew. He saw I listed the truck for sale at $13,000.00 on this site and he immediately contacted me to buy it. I took this truck off-roading ALL the time and have never said otherwise! The guy that bought it off me and sold it to you may have lied to you, but I DID NOT! You never asked me about this truck until today 06-09-2012 and I told you I off roaded it and even sent you photos! I told you all that was wrong with it when I sold it to that guy and I can not tell you what he did with it or what he may have told you. Again I do not know this guy other than him driving up to Johnstown, Pa at midnight to buy this off me.
Your email seemed nice and now I find this talking trash about me on here and it is just not true!
If you bought it for some outrageous price (as you indicated to me in your email) and you were lied to, THAT IS NOT MY FAULT! I DID NOT LIE TO YOU!
I sent you photos of when I off roaded it and where it was repaired, but remember, I did not sell it to you!

Okay, after reading through this a little more, maybe you were talking about the guy you bought it from. (Hope So!) I saw this where you were saying "it doesn't bother me at all that he did, but that he is denying it. .." Maybe I miss read that. I thought you were insinuating I was denying it. Guess I was taking it out of context.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Quote:
i got this from a guy who swears he never took it off-roading, but that the origional owner did. ... suuuure
looks like there used to be a different bumper, CB radio, headers, and exhaust system, suspension, and tires so big they rubbed and chewed the fender flares.

anyways
the tail gate failed and buckeled in the midlde. ... is this a common fault?
i repalced it, but i want to make sure the repalcement won't break in the same way.
i'm thinking i can open it up and re-inforce the top rail from inside. input?

the LCD in the roof isn't illuminating. i think it is supposed to be a compass. how can i fix this or is it a non-serviceable part?

the bed rattles. sounds like the front passenger bolt is loose. looks like a Torx-50 bit. anybody know the size off hand? is this a common problem?

this one bugs me just cuz i can't ignore seeing it thru the rear view mirror;
the sliding back glass window seal is separating from the frame. common issue?
should i just slap come rubber contact cement in there or ... ___ ?

the tie-down points are not strong enough to securley hold down 2 motorcycles. i'd like to put some anchor points up front just under the bed rail; 2 up high in the front corners of the bed, and one dead center.
Where can i drill and mount these?
can i just pick my own spots and re-inforce the mounting points with fender washers or a 'sandwich plate' on the hidden side?

that's what's been on my mind recently. i'm enjoying the 20 MPG's and getting all the looks in this sweet ride. ... i need to get some fresh mud on it

Bed rail is not a good place to tie your straps to. they look good and do hold a decent amount of weight, but it is not real strong.
As far as the bed rattle, you are correct, it is the front passenger side that rattles. I tighten it as tight as I could, but it still seemed to rattle.
The rear window seal pops back into place. It started pulling out when I put my Tacomaworld sticker on it. For some reason the rubber seal would grip that decal and it was when my son tried to open the window it pulled the seal out.
Here are some more photos:

Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #32
Navy:
Few more photos:

Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #33
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
Okay, after reading through this a little more, maybe you were talking about the guy you bought it from. (Hope So!) I saw this where you were saying "it doesn't bother me at all that he did, but that he is denying it. .." Maybe I miss read that. I thought you were insinuating I was denying it. Guess I was taking it out of context.
I think he was trying to figure out if the guy he bought it from was you ( which obviously isn't the case ). The guy that bought it from you may not have wheeled it,but he knew you did,so the seller to the OP was telling the truth there if he didn't off road it.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #34
^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.
400lbGorilla is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: OS
Name: T-LAM
400lbGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OP was talking about the guy you sold it to first the "Ginger", not you Rich.....I think he was trying to say that the guy he bought it from said he babied it and you took it off road....he was trying to call out the guy that he bought it from cause from his (OP's) pics that truck is looking tired and beat. It's obivious you wheeled the hell outta that thing. It's awesome that you know some of the problems and can help the OP out. That picture at the dealership on the rack is Crazy!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #35
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brian
bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't read much of above, but when I got my truck, I had some of the same problems. My bed is still leaning to the driver side, my tailgate is bent in, and Compass and temperature heading didn't work. I don't know what to do about the bed (new supports maybe?), tailgates can be reinforce, and the compass is an easy fix. Open it all up and re-solder one of the broken/loose circuits. I think it says 510.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #36
nilla is on a distinguished road
Navy: honorably discharged MM2 (Nuclear)
Name: matt
nilla's Tacoma Gallery
i've recently discovered that there is mud still inbetween the cab and bed, in the bed rails and the suspension. red mud, not the dark brown stuff i have been thru. i figured it was recent, and that the guy i bought it from was wheeling the truck.
turns out it is recent, but from Rich Beauregard, not the guy i bought the truck from. i had made the wrong assumption. my mistake

the guy i bought it from (let's call him Aaron) stripped off everything nice that rich put on it, and sold it to me for a sizeable profit.
yes, it was vindictive of me to try and dig up dirt on Aaron and call him out on it, but after finding out the rest of the story on this truck i'm a little preturbed.

i'm pissed that he made such a killing on it and was being such a big douche bag about negotiaitng the price with me when, really, he was walking away with thousands in his pocket and a bunch of sweet upgrades for his rig.
finding out the rest of the rest of the story is good. it would have been better and less upsetting to me if i had heard it from Aaron, instead of reading it on the web.
the border-line lies and half-truths i was told about this truck upset me. i should be less trusting of others, and more suspicious of sweet-looking rides being unloaded because 'the guy's wife is having a baby'.

anyway. i paid less than blue-book value for it, its still a sweet ride and im very much enjoying it.
i'm sorry to read that Rich was having such financial troubles, and i hope that he is back on his feet now.

now i know the whole truth, i have been in contact with the origional owner, have access to a wide knowledge bank pertient to this truck, and for all of this; i thank you.