Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

polling for input; new to me 06, with a few things allready broken

Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
nilla is on a distinguished road
Navy: honorably discharged MM2 (Nuclear)
Name: matt
nilla's Tacoma Gallery
Smile polling for input; new to me 06, with a few things allready broken

i got this from a guy who swears he never took it off-roading, but that the origional owner did. ... suuuure
looks like there used to be a different bumper, CB radio, headers, and exhaust system, suspension, and tires so big they rubbed and chewed the fender flares.

anyways
the tail gate failed and buckeled in the midlde. ... is this a common fault?
i repalced it, but i want to make sure the repalcement won't break in the same way.
i'm thinking i can open it up and re-inforce the top rail from inside. input?

the LCD in the roof isn't illuminating. i think it is supposed to be a compass. how can i fix this or is it a non-serviceable part?

the bed rattles. sounds like the front passenger bolt is loose. looks like a Torx-50 bit. anybody know the size off hand? is this a common problem?

this one bugs me just cuz i can't ignore seeing it thru the rear view mirror;
the sliding back glass window seal is separating from the frame. common issue?
should i just slap come rubber contact cement in there or ... ___ ?

the tie-down points are not strong enough to securley hold down 2 motorcycles. i'd like to put some anchor points up front just under the bed rail; 2 up high in the front corners of the bed, and one dead center.
Where can i drill and mount these?
can i just pick my own spots and re-inforce the mounting points with fender washers or a 'sandwich plate' on the hidden side?

that's what's been on my mind recently. i'm enjoying the 20 MPG's and getting all the looks in this sweet ride. ... i need to get some fresh mud on it

Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure I saw that truck on this site a while ago.

As for your questions, I have no answers.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
mavrick0509 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
mavrick0509's Tacoma Gallery
Only answer i can give ya is for the display. You are right about the compass but it also is a temp display. May try this thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-temp-fix.html

Should start ya in the right direction!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #4

And i just did a quick search but theres a few tailgate re-enforcement threads on here too!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-project.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tailgate.html

Just a couple i found
Old 06-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
nilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

As for your questions, I have no answers.

the seller was a ginger (red-headed) named Aaron, from Richmond VA if that helps confirm
Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
nilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0509 View Post
And i just did a quick search but theres a few tailgate re-enforcement threads on here too!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-project.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tailgate.html

Just a couple i found

'search function' you say .... i should have done that. sorry
thankyou for not slamming me.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
'search function' you say .... i should have done that. sorry
thankyou for not slamming me.
no problem. I actually dont post much on here but when i see a chance to try to turn away the slammers i try to jump in haha. Im sure one of them will pop in soon
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html

This is a list of all the better mods that aren't going to kill your wallet. If you click on the top of the forum homepage under " mods and tutorials " and the cheap/free Tacoma mods you'll find it. The best way to add a front set of d-rings is in there,as is the tailgate reinforcement and a ton of other great ideas.

With the bed of these trucks being made of reinforced polymer ( Heavy-duty plastic ) the best way to add the d-rings is to the front bed bolts and then just criss-cross the straps.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
Harleyfx69 is on a distinguished road
Harleyfx69's Tacoma Gallery
just looking at the pictures youve posted its either very high mileage or had the piss wheeled out of it
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
ColoTaco06 is on a distinguished road
ColoTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue with my 06 Tacoma when the display for the compass and temp was not working. Mine was a solder issue....just pull off the plastic cover and unplug the display and solder the wire back
Old 06-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with haulin my dirtbikes around so i solved it buy ordering a high roller moto bar for my truck

Old 06-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. the temp is a common prob. mine did it. i took it down and unplugged it.than had to leave before i could fix it. i just plugged it back in and put it back. it worked fine. that was last fall still working just fine.

search D-ring mod. and add some D-rings like in there is in the back. but upfront.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
x2. i think that truck has been on here before.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewtoy View Post
i was searching some pics on linex on the rocker panels today and it looks like this truck
OPís truck has a black rear bumper. that taco does not, looks color matched.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #15
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
But see the gap between the bumper and the twilight? It looks fucked up and tweaked bad, the old owner probably through on a cheap base black bumper before he sold it.

I'd be very willing to bet that is the same truck.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
But see the gap between the bumper and the twilight? It looks fucked up and tweaked bad, the old owner probably through on a cheap base black bumper before he sold it.

I'd be very willing to bet that is the same truck.
i see it now. maybe or painted/lineXíed the bumper. you are right it probably is same truck.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
nilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
it'd be great if i could find the previous owner's profile and confront him with all his tales and pics of him off-roading this truck.

it doesn't bother me at all that he did, but that he is denying it. ... i should not care about it. there are more important things i should be doing right now. .... like going to sleep.

thanks for the quick and help-ful responses, you guys!
i've got some reading to do, and i'm sure i'll be back with more questions tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #18

maybe could find it in this thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lver-taco.html