Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Thiking of pulling the trigger on a 2012 Tacoma...

Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
zonian is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
zonian's Tacoma Gallery
Thiking of pulling the trigger on a 2012 Tacoma...

...what should I be aware of?

Hello all...looking at a 4X4 Quad Cab V-6 with options: FE ( Federal emosion ), EJ ( Navigation with Entune ), PY ( TRD sport extra value pkg ), RL ( Daytime running lights ), TO ( V6 Tow Pkg ), And CT ( All weather mats.

Just wondering if there are any surprises lurking in my future or if there are any other recommended options????

Thanks in advance...

Paul
Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Hey,

Welcome to TW Beware of the MOD bug it bites your wallet and won't let go.. That said I don't own a 2012 so not sure of what things to really look for but I see you are getting the TRD Sport Package if you your planing on wheeling alot you may want to consider the TRD Off Road package vs the sport. The same comes with the off road vs the sport except the hood scoop and the 17 inch alum rims unless that has changed for 2012. The Off Road version has a E Locker rear end the sport doesn't again unless that changed for 2012. Other then that look at the 2nd Gen threads you will see some common mods that I don't believe have been addressed by toyota on any year model.

Cypher
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Life is a one way trip,enjoy it.
dimduk is on a distinguished road

Name: patrick
dimduk's Tacoma Gallery
Two months after you buy it Toyota will debut the 2013 model and it will be slightly better and a thousand dollars more yet it will have an option you really wanted but wasn't offered on the 2012.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
KCMaverick is on a distinguished road
KCMaverick's Tacoma Gallery
Do it!!

i got mine a week ago and i'm still smiling like a loon. Go for it, you'll enjoy it no matter what you get. One Warning though, i've been having some difficulty with glare making my entune a little difficult to read in the afternoons. But i'm sure a quick trip to a window tint shop will fix most of that problem
Old 06-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Frank
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from GA. Just do your homework and have a good idea of what a fair price is going in. Toyota stealerships are more difficult to negotiate than most others imo. They do have a college grad program that gives an additional 1k off from Toyota if you are a recent grad and if they are still doing that. Good luck1!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
cookee62 is on a distinguished road
cookee62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Price. Welcome
Bro I just saw your video holy crap!! Glad you made it threw alright and all in all amazed that your Tacoma kept the passengers like you self safe. you can always by a new Taco. It actually handled the impact pretty well. Glad to see you alive.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
Go for the off-road pkg w/ the elocker if you plan on driving in snow or mud... You'll be glad you did.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
michaelhorn will become famous soon enoughmichaelhorn will become famous soon enough

michaelhorn's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine a week, i love it! Had plenty of other makes, time will tell, But true beware of the farkle bug.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
michaelhorn will become famous soon enoughmichaelhorn will become famous soon enough

michaelhorn's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine two weeks, i love it! Had plenty of other makes, time will tell, But true beware of the farkle bug.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Sierra Expeditions
Willman is on a distinguished road

Willman's Tacoma Gallery
Do it!

You will be glad you did....

Get the base model and get ARB lockers F & R instead....Beefer that way

Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
zonian is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
zonian's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the warm welcomes all. OK, so I did it. Picked up the TRD Sport described in my first post. Not ignoring all of the advice to go with the TRD off-road, but I will not be off-roading that much...mostly will be highway miles in the midwest in all seasons, and also pulling a boat, so I thought the sport would be more appropriate. Anyway, 24 hrs and 490 miles later I am happy that I made the deal.

Paul
Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
KCMaverick is on a distinguished road
KCMaverick's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!