1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 02 Taco owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TacomaTRD, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Jul 25, 2007 at 7:58 PM
    TacomaTRD

TacomaTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    Greetings everyone,
    I just took ownership to a 2002 Toyota Tacoma double cab with the 3.4L V6 and decided it was time to find a forum. I used to own an 03 Mustang V6 but I wanted something with more room and that sat higher and Ive always heard nothing but good things about Toyota so I searched around autotrader and found my truck. Its silver with the black fenders, had 60k miles, and I picked it up for 16.5 grand. Really clean interior and I can tell whoever had the truck before me took very good care of it. I look forward to meeting some fellow taco owners :D

2. Jul 25, 2007 at 9:11 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Welcome to TW! We have a number of members from TX as well. You plan on doing any modifications to your new truck?

3. Jul 25, 2007 at 9:27 PM
    TacomaTRD

TacomaTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the welcome:thumbsup: As for mods, I didnt mention it in my earlier post but the truck came with some aftermarket 20" rims. The next mod I want to do to it is get an exhaust system. I had flowmasters on the mustang and it sounded decent for a v6 I guess but I want to go a different route this time, any suggestions?

4. Jul 26, 2007 at 7:54 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    im just glad to see you got away from your "muscle" car. there is nothing wrong with driving a V6, but i hate it when traditional muscle cars, mustang, camero etc... put a V6 in it and still call it a muscle car.... where's the muscle?! Muscle cars were defined by having oversized v8's! oh well, just my opinion. welcome to the forum, glad you upgraded to a taco :)

5. Jul 26, 2007 at 8:45 AM
    TacomaTRD

TacomaTRD [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the welcome and yeah, the tacoma is definitely an upgrade compared to the mustang. I totally agree with the muscle car statement because Im a huge muscle car fan myself but they dont make a practical daily driver :D

6. Jul 26, 2007 at 9:24 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Doesn't that stink! I would love to have a muscle car as a daily driver. That would be so much fun.

7. Jul 26, 2007 at 9:53 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Yeah, muscle cars are great when they have the muscle, the only problem is how impractical they are. Unfortunately the only way to make them practical is to take away the muscle. I know the Dodge magnum at one point came with a hemi that would go from 8cyl to 4cyl depending on the need from the engine. It sensed when it was just cruising and switched from a V8 to a 4 cyl, and then switched back to a V8 if you needed it. sounded complicated and unrelieable to me at the time. does anyone know how that ended up working out? i never followed its success/failure. I just know its usually impossible to get the best of both worlds

Products Discussed in

To Top