Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Intro to me, Joe.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
Intro to me, Joe.

Hello Tacoma World. My name is Joe. I have to say, i have seen some of the threads, videos, and moderators on this forum and i know its the one for me.

So, about me.

To start, im 19. ive been riding dirtbikes since i was 6. ever since i got my first truck ive been into off roading. unfortunately what i currently own isnt good enough.
Currently i own a 2002 Ford f150 XL Sport 2wd (boooooo.) its nice but after seeing all the videos i know the Tacoma TRD OffRoad is the truck for me.

I have a few questions if anyone is willing to help. First, whats the difference between first gen and second gen? i have seen older 199x models which are different from the 200x-2004, and then it seems as if the 2005 and up are different as well so im a little confused as to which is what.

i believe the one im looking for is the 2000-2004 model, from what ive seen. my plan is to sell my f150 and then buy a tacoma with the money, hopefully my parents will throw some in xP.

sorry mods if this isnt the right place, but i think it is. well anyway, hi guys! cant wait to be an active TW member, and Taco owner!!!!!!!!!!

-Joe
Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Frank
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from OR.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World! To respond to your questions, 1st generation Tacos ran from 95 through 04 and second gen, 05 through current model year. It's all about first gens, ftw. But in all seriousness, both are extremely capable off road vehicles. It just depends on what you're looking for. First gens are a bit smaller and more cramped in the interior, but depending on your size, that may not be an issue for you. Lots of good people here with a lot of fun generational rivalry. Even the first gen crew argues about which front end looks better, there were three changes. Imo, the 01-04 has the best look, but then again I drive an 02. I had a 98 previously, which most agree was the ugliest. One thing we all agree on is TACOMAS!!! Again, welcome to the insanity!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmarshall1 View Post
. Imo, the 01-04 has the best look, but then again I drive an 02. I had a 98 previously, which most agree was the ugliest. One thing we all agree on is TACOMAS!!! Again, welcome to the insanity!
Yeah that's what I'm sayin 01-04 look much better than anything earlier which is how I don't understand that it's a second gen haha.
Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

I just want my Tacoma! Anyone wanna take this f150 off my hands? Haha
Old 06-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Dump that F1shitty quick. 01-04 are considered first generation Tacomas. When they changed to the bigger body in 05 is when it changed to second gen. I think in all actuality, first gens are actually seventh generation Toyota trucks.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
well i put an add up on craigslist. think ill be able to get a good tacoma sr5 trd off road in the buy sell forum for under 10g?