Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My New 2012 Taco - Access Cab

Old 06-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
My New 2012 Taco - Access Cab

Hello everyone...
I just thought I'd write about my first new truck I have bought. I would be lying if I said this wasn't my first Toyota! Thought I was a Ford man for life, but then I decided to go with the highest quality I could find and after ALOT of research, the Taco was a no-brainer. I was going to go with a regular cab, but the wife made the point that we may have kids one day, and in Jersey the car-seats have to be in a back seat. I was gonna wait another month to buy a truck but when I test drove it I bought it that day. The accessories I've bought so far are:
- Wet Okole covers
- All Weather Floor Mats (Came with Carpet mats but I work in construction)
- Husky rubber bed mat fit for Tacos
- Heavy duty full bed cargo-net

I put a coat of Megs Tech Wax 2.0 on it cause of the salty atmosphere, I live 5 minutes from the beach. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and cant wait to dive into the Taco knowledge this site provides.
Attached Thumbnails
My New 2012 Taco - Access Cab-tacoma.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
Great Truck Welcome This is my second double cab... next truck will be the access cab - for sure!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Gary, Your truck is SWEET! What brand wax do you use to bring some depth to the light color? I love the light colors because they hide light scratches and blemishes the best.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
ADCarter1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Denise
ADCarter1's Tacoma Gallery
Dirty- Just bought my Access cab last weekend and I love it. I wanted a double cab but it was too expensive so I went with the access cab. I needed to fit two 100+lb dogs in the back of my truck. I'm not even thinking of kids....

I just washed-clayed-polished-waxed my truck today for the first time. Next time you wash, think about claying it too. Makes a HUGE difference, even on a brand new truck. Forget the polish, though. It took forever. There's a detailing topic on here, check it out for advice on washing, waxing, etc. It really helped me and it might help you.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Rich

Thanks Denise, actually I did clay it with Megs kit first and I was nervous at first but glad I did. Not a lot of grim but there was stuff on the clay. I'm glad I did clay it because after the wax it shined better than the day I bought it (last week also). That's good advice to anyone before they wax. I've got 2 dogs but we'll be using my wives Escape if need be... Everyone that sees it says, "that truck will last 15 years". Being in a union and supporting US built things I was surprised that it was 70% US made. The only problem with the truck is I can't stand to see a spec of dirt on it so I'm out there everyday wiping it down.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Rich

I meant wife... That didn't sound so good... Lol
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
ADCarter1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Denise
ADCarter1's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel about the dirt thing. I actually used a microfiber cloth today to open the door because I didn't want to see my thumb prints on it! My husband thinks I've gone over the edge. I haven't- I just love the truck.

We have an Element that was bought specifically for the dogs. Eventually, they will have to get into my truck but I'm hoping it will be after the summer shedding season. Unfortunately, there is no season for drool so I'm gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. Know a good drool cleaner?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
Rich

Haha, Resolve??? I bought Wet Okole seat covers. Not sure if they're drool proof but they're water resistant. Did a lot of research and they seem to be the more durable and better fitting covers. A little pricey though. With shipping and the piping I wanted it was $280. A small price to pay for me to keep my truck in the best condition I can.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
Rich

Hey Gary,
I was wondering if you can point me to the best thread on how to debadge a Tacoma. I really like the clean look of the truck. Any info is greatly appreciated
Rich
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
I had it debadged/destickered as soon as I drove it off the dealers lot in 08. (had my brother did it... he's a service manager at a Mercedes dealership and is also a skilled mechanic drives a silverado though :/ ) he used a hair dryer from what I recall - lol... I wax the car every two weeks at my local car wash it's a spray on wax - I live right on the beach so... gotta keep it waxed... There is an incredible amount of very detailed info regarding all these simple mods on here... pretty damn cool actually.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site, nice looking truck! How bad was it dealing with Shore Toyota, I have nothing but bad experiences with the sales department.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
Rich

Thanks Burns! I had to give them a little attitude when the negotiations started. It's amazing what it will do because they knocked $3,000 off the first offer they threw at me. After all that I didn't really talk to anyone else. They didn't like when I told them the only way I'll buy it is without a Shore Toyota sticker on it but they took it right of for me. I come from a long line of ball breakers so I don't have any problem giving it back. Lol. Like I said I didn't plan on buying it for a while longer but as soon as I drove my Taco I had to have it. In all honesty it was a good experience. I love my truck. Had it for about 2 weeks and already have about $600 in mods
Old 06-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Jersey View Post
Hey Gary,
I was wondering if you can point me to the best thread on how to debadge a Tacoma. I really like the clean look of the truck. Any info is greatly appreciated
Rich
Heat gun and some fishing line from walmart will do the trick... Do it soon so the sun doesnt "bake" the outline of the badges in the paint...
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rocky
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
cool truck welcome! kids, dogs and tw.....You will have have no spare money..hahaha
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Jersey View Post
Thanks Burns! I had to give them a little attitude when the negotiations started. It's amazing what it will do because they knocked $3,000 off the first offer they threw at me. After all that I didn't really talk to anyone else. They didn't like when I told them the only way I'll buy it is without a Shore Toyota sticker on it but they took it right of for me. I come from a long line of ball breakers so I don't have any problem giving it back. Lol. Like I said I didn't plan on buying it for a while longer but as soon as I drove my Taco I had to have it. In all honesty it was a good experience. I love my truck. Had it for about 2 weeks and already have about $600 in mods
Very nice man, It sounds like you did what I did when I bought my 08 from them. The last vehicle I will buy from them, too much bullshit.