1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My New 2012 Taco - Access Cab

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dirty Jersey, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Jun 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Custom Fit Bed Mat, Cargo Net for Long Bed, All Weather OEM Floor Mats, MX Grillcraft Grill, Bully Tailgate Lock, Mini Mag Center Console Mod, SockMonkey 3rd Brakelight Cover, Lots of Love
    Hello everyone...
    I just thought I'd write about my first new truck I have bought. I would be lying if I said this wasn't my first Toyota! Thought I was a Ford man for life, but then I decided to go with the highest quality I could find and after ALOT of research, the Taco was a no-brainer. I was going to go with a regular cab, but the wife made the point that we may have kids one day, and in Jersey the car-seats have to be in a back seat. I was gonna wait another month to buy a truck but when I test drove it I bought it that day. The accessories I've bought so far are:
    - Wet Okole covers
    - All Weather Floor Mats (Came with Carpet mats but I work in construction)
    - Husky rubber bed mat fit for Tacos
    - Heavy duty full bed cargo-net

I put a coat of Megs Tech Wax 2.0 on it cause of the salty atmosphere, I live 5 minutes from the beach. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and cant wait to dive into the Taco knowledge this site provides.

Tacoma.jpg

2. Jun 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    stowayman

stowayman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Monterey, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD O/R - Debadged
    Kenwood DNX9980HD Nav - BT - Sirius - backup camera, Weathertech digifits, maglite mod, 14" billet antenna
    Great Truck Welcome This is my second double cab... next truck will be the access cab - for sure!

3. Jun 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Custom Fit Bed Mat, Cargo Net for Long Bed, All Weather OEM Floor Mats, MX Grillcraft Grill, Bully Tailgate Lock, Mini Mag Center Console Mod, SockMonkey 3rd Brakelight Cover, Lots of Love
    Thanks Gary, Your truck is SWEET! What brand wax do you use to bring some depth to the light color? I love the light colors because they hide light scratches and blemishes the best.

4. Jun 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    ADCarter1

ADCarter1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denise
    Maryland's Beautiful Farm Country
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5
    Dirty- Just bought my Access cab last weekend and I love it. I wanted a double cab but it was too expensive so I went with the access cab. I needed to fit two 100+lb dogs in the back of my truck. I'm not even thinking of kids....

I just washed-clayed-polished-waxed my truck today for the first time. Next time you wash, think about claying it too. Makes a HUGE difference, even on a brand new truck. Forget the polish, though. It took forever. There's a detailing topic on here, check it out for advice on washing, waxing, etc. It really helped me and it might help you.

5. Jun 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Thanks Denise, actually I did clay it with Megs kit first and I was nervous at first but glad I did. Not a lot of grim but there was stuff on the clay. I'm glad I did clay it because after the wax it shined better than the day I bought it (last week also). That's good advice to anyone before they wax. I've got 2 dogs but we'll be using my wives Escape if need be... Everyone that sees it says, "that truck will last 15 years". Being in a union and supporting US built things I was surprised that it was 70% US made. The only problem with the truck is I can't stand to see a spec of dirt on it so I'm out there everyday wiping it down.

6. Jun 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    I meant wife... That didn't sound so good... Lol

7. Jun 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    ADCarter1

ADCarter1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denise
    Maryland's Beautiful Farm Country
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5
    I know how you feel about the dirt thing. I actually used a microfiber cloth today to open the door because I didn't want to see my thumb prints on it! My husband thinks I've gone over the edge. I haven't- I just love the truck.

We have an Element that was bought specifically for the dogs. Eventually, they will have to get into my truck but I'm hoping it will be after the summer shedding season. Unfortunately, there is no season for drool so I'm gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. Know a good drool cleaner? :)

8. Jun 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Haha, Resolve??? I bought Wet Okole seat covers. Not sure if they're drool proof but they're water resistant. Did a lot of research and they seem to be the more durable and better fitting covers. A little pricey though. With shipping and the piping I wanted it was $280. A small price to pay for me to keep my truck in the best condition I can.

9. Jun 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Hey Gary,
    I was wondering if you can point me to the best thread on how to debadge a Tacoma. I really like the clean look of the truck. Any info is greatly appreciated
    Rich

10. Jun 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    stowayman

stowayman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Monterey, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD O/R - Debadged
    Kenwood DNX9980HD Nav - BT - Sirius - backup camera, Weathertech digifits, maglite mod, 14" billet antenna
    I had it debadged/destickered as soon as I drove it off the dealers lot in 08. (had my brother did it... he's a service manager at a Mercedes dealership and is also a skilled mechanic drives a silverado though :/ ) he used a hair dryer from what I recall - lol... I wax the car every two weeks at my local car wash it's a spray on wax - I live right on the beach so... gotta keep it waxed... There is an incredible amount of very detailed info regarding all these simple mods on here... pretty damn cool actually.

11. Jun 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Welcome to the site, nice looking truck! How bad was it dealing with Shore Toyota, I have nothing but bad experiences with the sales department. :mad:

12. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Thanks Burns! I had to give them a little attitude when the negotiations started. It's amazing what it will do because they knocked $3,000 off the first offer they threw at me. After all that I didn't really talk to anyone else. They didn't like when I told them the only way I'll buy it is without a Shore Toyota sticker on it but they took it right of for me. I come from a long line of ball breakers so I don't have any problem giving it back. Lol. Like I said I didn't plan on buying it for a while longer but as soon as I drove my Taco I had to have it. In all honesty it was a good experience. I love my truck. Had it for about 2 weeks and already have about $600 in mods

13. Jun 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    Heat gun and some fishing line from walmart will do the trick... Do it soon so the sun doesnt "bake" the outline of the badges in the paint...

14. Jun 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    cool truck welcome! kids, dogs and tw.....You will have have no spare money..hahaha

15. Jun 26, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Very nice man, It sounds like you did what I did when I bought my 08 from them. The last vehicle I will buy from them, too much bullshit.

Products Discussed in

To Top