1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My first Toyota - New Member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by hour, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Jul 22, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    hour

hour [OP] TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma RC 4x4 (Sold) '14 Ram 1500, '99 4R
    Level 8 Trackers, Hankook Dynapro LT265/75/16, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, Wheelers 3-Leaf Progressive w/ factory overload, 5100s all around // Ranch Camper Shell, BHLM, hacked reverse lights, auxiliary reverse lights // Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, RF Prime Components, BOSS 10" Sub
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm sure there will come a time when I can't find the answer I need with the search button ;) and this seems like a decent community.

I just recently replaced my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5spd about 800 miles ago with a brand spanking new 2012 Tacoma regular cab 4cyl 4x4, manual transmission. I've had to put premium gas in my cars for the last 9 years so this is awesome. I moved to Colorado 3 years ago (I think 3 years to the day even!) and have fallen in love with the great outdoors. Virginia was a little too humid for me to enjoy in my first 22 years of life.

The Subaru treated me well and was easy to get to ~300hp/tq with a $15 tuning cable, but at 110k miles she was starting to need some serious maintenance. I'll miss the power, but it was high time I get a vehicle that I could throw fishing and hunting gear in to without worry. A lot of the roads leading up to my favorite camping and fishing spots were just too much for a car sitting on low profile tires.

I commute ~130 miles a day for work (sucks... a lot) but figure I'll find a closer job eventually or suck it up and move to Denver. After it's broken in and I can figure out when I need to shift on some of the interstate hills I'm sure I'll actually be saving $ on gas. At 25 with no kids, no girlfriend, and no dogs allowed in complex, a regular cab seemed like an appropriate fit. The subaru was packed with crap most of the time anyway.

Truck had just been posted to the dealer's website the night before, still had the stock image up. My choices (to stay with 4x4 4cyl MT reg cab) were between the green, mag grey, or white. The others had ~10+ miles on them already and had been up for a while and I honestly preferred the white... so, I got it - 1 mile on it when I took her out for her maiden voyage. Planning to own this truck until the bitter end so I really didn't want to ever question what a previous owner had or hadn't done.

[​IMG]

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    tacoma4x4girl

tacoma4x4girl Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Jul 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    ^4 reasons to move to Denver^

[​IMG] Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV

4. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:18 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top