Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

any ideas on lifting a 2wd trd tacoma

Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
biggen is on a distinguished road
Name: james
biggen's Tacoma Gallery
any ideas on lifting a 2wd trd tacoma

hey everybody im new to the site and i could use some suggestions on wat to use to lift my 2wd trd tacoma
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Spindles.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
spindle lift for 2wd, do some research on them.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
JirafaBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
JirafaBo's Tacoma Gallery
I read through these threads and I don't understand a damn thing. I can change an alternator, a tire, that's about it. Is there somewhere I can go and learn about lifts? I don't want to be clueless when I go to a local shop and try to get my truck lifted.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
I read through these threads and I don't understand a damn thing. I can change an alternator, a tire, that's about it. Is there somewhere I can go and learn about lifts? I don't want to be clueless when I go to a local shop and try to get my truck lifted.
Check out the "stickied" threads at the top of the suspension subforum. Lots of good info.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...udes-pics.html
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have gone the route of suspension lift and did a little at a time. Right now I'm up about 3 1/2 to 4" over stock. For the money, I wish now I would have done spindles. Factory ride and no alignment issues.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
biggen is on a distinguished road
Name: james
biggen's Tacoma Gallery
any website suggestions???
Old 08-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
JirafaBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
JirafaBo's Tacoma Gallery
Doh. Quoted the wrong post. Was referring to spindles.

I have a 2x4 as well. These will only work on front correct?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
Doh. Quoted the wrong post. Was referring to spindles.

I have a 2x4 as well. These will only work on front correct?
Yes spindles are only for the front.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Maxtrac spindles

End of story....