1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to NOT treat your new taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Desert PineTaco, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Aug 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    ARB FTW!

I'd love to see any other bumper try that. I doubt there'd be a single one that would contend.

2. Aug 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    dezert in the summa, mountainz in the winta
    Vehicle:
    smashed (totaled) and new used Tacoma brotha
    TOTALED :( (DPT1) OME Coilover HD, OME nitrocharger f/b, Dakar springs and AAL, ARB deluxe bull-bar, KMC XD enduro wheels, 255/85/16 KM2, battle wounds too severe to see another day, May your cab and frame continue on to the afterlife and your engine and all the other perfectly fine components be donated to other Taco's in need of a transplant to see another day of wheelin. WE will always miss you, R.I.P. DPT1 DPT2 TRD offroad/sport packages= locker, bilstein, hood scoop, AND black hub caps!!!, dual deep cycle batts, alarm, blue dash lights, and some other crazy electrical stuff going on with amp and subs, A/T FlipPac (for sale), custom grille, and black hub caps... and a hood scoop... and did I mention that I have black hub caps? and a missing front skidplate??
    Ya that was my thought from the get-go. Took a look at the frame and my heart just sank. I always thought that if the frame was bent or tweaked, there was not much that could be done and if so, you would compromise factory strength. He claims it wll be aligned to factory specs and maintain factory strength. I am alittle skeptical, but this is one of the most respected body shops in town- expensive, but they're good.

Original quote from the body shop was 8k for the front end/frame. He said he straightened a GMC frame the other day that was much worse than mine is. IDK, it is all up to insurance now, made the claim, it's in their hands. But I think they want to replace the whole cab too- dents are too deep to hammer/pull out.. it will definitely be close to being totaled. I bet 12-14k to fix.. its worth alittle more than that, but not by much.

3. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    It'll buff out.

4. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    TacomaChris

TacomaChris Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not sure what to say outside of don't fucking text while driving:notsure:

5. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TOTALED :( (DPT1) OME Coilover HD, OME nitrocharger f/b, Dakar springs and AAL, ARB deluxe bull-bar, KMC XD enduro wheels, 255/85/16 KM2, battle wounds too severe to see another day, May your cab and frame continue on to the afterlife and your engine and all the other perfectly fine components be donated to other Taco's in need of a transplant to see another day of wheelin. WE will always miss you, R.I.P. DPT1 DPT2 TRD offroad/sport packages= locker, bilstein, hood scoop, AND black hub caps!!!, dual deep cycle batts, alarm, blue dash lights, and some other crazy electrical stuff going on with amp and subs, A/T FlipPac (for sale), custom grille, and black hub caps... and a hood scoop... and did I mention that I have black hub caps? and a missing front skidplate??
  6. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Hurtin Albertan

Hurtin Albertan Free Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Duck
    on the road less traveled
    Vehicle:
    The mud hides the tree scrapes in the paint
    Huskyliner floor mats
    I would cut that tree into little pieces, burn it in a pit while sippin a beverage, and thank my truck for one more good night...

7. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    :bananadead::drunk: < thanks truck and bumper, for MANY more good nights.
    ^
    tree

8. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    No intent to bash the OP, (glad you're OK!) but it just seems like there is an attitude today that driving is just one of those things that doesn't require all of our attention, yet it is one of the most dangerous things we do on a daily basis.

9. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    dimduk

dimduk Life is a one way trip,enjoy it.

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    minnesota
    Vehicle:
    baja
    This is why pencils have erasures,we all make mistakes,at least you were able to drive home safe and sound.I agree that ARB would like to see those pics and you might get a discount on a new bumper.

Off topic but just an old man wondering,why didn't you just talk to her instead of texting?I've never understood why people would take the time and effort to type something out instead of just calling and telling them what you have to say.At least when you talk you can keep your eyes on the road and I think a persons voice is better at conveying sentiment then cold hard text.

I hope things work out for you dude,just remember,it could have been a whole lot worse.

10. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I agree completely. And this is exactly why I joined this forum today- to let my incident be a reminder to us all how quickly accidents happen. For the past year, I was putting about 1,000mi/week on the odometer (on the Ol' Faithful T-100 though) for work. I am a biologist working on construction sites in the Mojave Desert. I stand next to excavators digging up live natural gas lines, catch rattlesnakes, and work 65-105hrs/week in temperatures that can be over 120degrees. I've scrambled up tallus mountains, fallen face first off cliffs, pulled countless balls of cholla cactus out my leg, been stung by bees, stepped on scorpions, and have run out of water 3 miles from camp in 105temp. at midday.

The point of the matter is that despite all the threats the desert and construction sites have to offer, driving is by far the most dangerous part of the job.

I have learned my lesson, thankfully no one had to get hurt because of it. I hope someone can learn from me too. That's why I put myself and these pics up here. Not like i get a kick out of advertising myself as a dumbass.

So everybody take note- pay attention to the road!! Even if you are only going slow in the forest by yourself. Shit happens, especially when you are not paying attention. In this day of technology, we have tons of distractions while we drive inside our vehicle. Do yourself, your truck, and everybody else a favor and just wait or pull over. It will be worth it to you when your truck looks like mine, if you're lucky.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and wise words.
    Cheers ya'll.

11. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ya, I shoulda just called. It probably would have resolved the whole thing. Texts are funny because you cannot tell tone of voice or pick up on body language. i think it is the ambiguity of texts. Something can either be really sweet and sincere or sarcastic and mean depending on how you read it and interpret it. in this way, you see how the other pesron reacts- good or bad. Do they say thank you, or react... it's all just stupid games boys and girls play at that point. You're right, I shoulda called.. or rather, I should have just gone over to her house- that would have been the best outcome of the evening.

12. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    4banger09

4banger09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Nb, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Access cab 4cyl
    Leveled
    Did you make sure to tell your girl it was her fault?

13. Aug 23, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    tacoma4x4girl

tacoma4x4girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    I agree with you!

14. Aug 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    bjasper

bjasper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Carmel, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD PreRunner
    Dad's truck, minor mods.. Saving for my own :)
    :DLooks like it will all buff out... jk

Shit happens, now you get to build up another car/ truck or fix this one. :D

15. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BUMP MYSELF

16. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    So they decided to total it?

17. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Shame on you for hurting a pine tree!! Glad you are okay..

18. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So......

NO TEXT ON BOARD!!!!

(new license plate AZ: AXT....) yes, yes indeed. AXT, finally named as he was rest to peace with the plates of his replacement cousin. Totaled. 23k by insurance estimates... gonna take a helluva lota buffing to get that one out! Everything mechanical was fine, just a bent frame and smashed cab.

So, here I am now. fat check thanks to full comprehensive insurance from my good neighbors at State Farm... or wait...

My good friend way wanting to get rid of his truck, which happens to be almost identical to the Tacoma I was driving plus 23k more miles TRD Sport adds, A/T FlipPac, dual batts, and a few extra electrical adds. TRD seat covers (soon to be for sale) weathertech floor mats, exhaust of yet to be determined brand, and other cosmetics.

Anyway, just wanted to give yall an update and to remind you to:

STAY OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE YOU'LL END OUT LIKE OLD SMASHED DESERT PINETACO'S AXT.

Wish me good wreches on my new build. ANy suggestions? Same route? OME886,dakkar's, AAL, spacer, ARB, 255/85 KM2??????

Thinking, researching, dreaming, thinking.......

Cheers:turtleride:

Desert PineTaco

p.s. Buy my A/T FlipPac and sell me your skid-plate.

THANKS!

2012-08-18_01-13-07_821.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg

19. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yes the insurance called that one. their adjuster estimated 23k in damage. they paid for all my aftermarket products. I basically broke even and now got this new one to work with.

20. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    Desert PineTaco

Desert PineTaco [OP] Yup

Member:
    Vehicle:
    New Build

Take Two

DSC00899.jpg
    DSC00901.jpg
    DSC00889.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top