LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New member from Canada!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile New member from Canada!

Hey folks!

I'm new to the site, but a long time user over at T4R.ORG. I'm currently NOT a Taco owner, but am in the market for one, and hoping to pick one up in the coming months.

Currently, I'm driving my 98 4Runner SR5, with a Tundra/Landcruiser lift, and some 16" Procomp Wheels and 285 75 R16 Maxxis Bighorn Mud Tires. The truck is my take on "If Toyota would have build a TRD 4Runner". There's lots of added goodies, and I've had her for over 8 years now.

My build is here:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ld-thread.html

Anyway, 4Runner's been intro'd... but like I said, I'm looking for a Taco now! My wife drives an 04 Impala, that I'm sick of looking at, and want to replace! So I'm keeping my 4Runner, and selling the Impala, in order to get a decent down payment for my Taco!

I'm looking for a 2nd Gen, Double Cab, Long Bed, with the Hood Scoop, and hoping to mod it similarly to the way I did my 4Runner.

I plan on doing a ton of research prior to my purchase, and will also be looking into different lift options and wheel and Tire combo's. However, I'd be happy to hear some suggestions from you folks, as well as any feedback you'd like to give about your truck!

Thanks for reading this long winded post!

Rob.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

Love the Runners too, great platforms to wheel and build off of.

Good to see more Canadian content!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Welcome fellow Canadian!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Arizona
Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #10
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Fightman, welcome to TW!

Good to hear that you're looking to get a Tacoma for yourself! Hehe the DCLB's are my favorite for the 2nd gen Taco's and look the best with a lift!

This is 96743runner from T4R btw
Old 08-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Cool ride. Welcome from Florida.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #12
Artillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud ofArtillery68 has much to be proud of
Army: Launcher Crew Chief, Battery C, 8th Missile Battalion, 1st Artillery
Name: Bob
Artillery68's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from N.J.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Smile

Thanks for the great welcome Gentlemen! I'm really pumped to start shopping for my next Toyota!

Just not sure if I'm ready to pass down the 4Runner to the wife! lol! That old girl has served me well for the last 8 years, and still runs and looks great.... just hope the wife will take as good of care of it as I do! lol!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and sharp ride.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #15

Smile Got my Taco!

Hey guys!

As some of you know, I've been on a search for a 2nd Gen, Quad Cab, Long Box, TRD Sport Tacoma for some time now. After many years of admiring from afar... I finally found the truck of my dreams!

I spent the last few weeks trying to convince my wife that we should by a Taco, instead of a Tundra. I took her for a test drive in a few last week, and had her hooked! HA HA!

Last night, we drove 300km's East and spent the night in a Motel so that we could test drive a 2005 Speedway Blue TRD Sport with the Double Cab and Long box! Found this one at George Jackson Toyota in Renfrew Ontario, with just under 95000km's on the Odometer!

When I got there, I found the truck to have NO rust, was exceptionally clean, and in Immaculate Condition! The truck belonged to a a man in his 50's, and he maintained it meticulously! It was Dealer Serviced since New, and a nice light coat of under coating over everything under the truck, including all the doors and panels had been drilled to spray inside as well.

I did however find a couple of small dings, and a couple of dents on the driver side rear bumper. After playing hardball with the Sales Manager, I was able to get them to pull out the dents out of the rear bumper for no charge!

Aside from that... the truck came equipped with a Bug Deflector for the Hood, Winder Visors, Nerf bars, and I was able to get them to throw in a hard top 3 piece Tonneau cover for only $200.00 on top of the original purchase price!

Anyway... enough with the blabbering.... here's a few pics...

I'm extremely happy with this purchase! The truck runs like a dream, and the service at George Jackson Toyota was GREAT!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #16
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
To be completely honest, I don't think I've ever really seen a DC LB SWB! Looks pretty nice man! Time to mod!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
To be completely honest, I don't think I've ever really seen a DC LB SWB! Looks pretty nice man! Time to mod!!!
There's loads of them up here
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #18
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck!!

Time to make some new dents and those pretty offroad pinstripes!