Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

lift an ]d tires, i want to go 35 in with w 3 in lift on my 2012 tacoma reg cab any

Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
charliebass4life is on a distinguished road
charliebass4life's Tacoma Gallery
lift an ]d tires, i want to go 35 in with w 3 in lift on my 2012 tacoma reg cab any

stock regular cab 4cyl 4x4 going to upfgrade to a 3 in lift an put a set of 285 75 16 on them I want to go to a 35 but havingg to regear im scared me because I dont know mumuch abouit lifting a rig
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! idk what the 4cyl will fit with a 3” but i know you wont fit 35”s with a 3” at all. even the v6 guys have to cut like 3” or so off the fenders, and cut body mounts and a hole bunch of other stuff! even have to cut for 33”s
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
welcome! idk what the 4cyl will fit with a 3 but i know you wont fit 35s with a 3 at all. even the v6 guys have to cut like 3 or so off the fenders, and cut body mounts and a hole bunch of other stuff! even have to cut for 33s
It can be done with a 3" lift...

MrGrimm

Theduck911

n0rth

maxmillion

There are some others as well...
Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebass4life View Post
stock regular cab 4cyl 4x4 going to upfgrade to a 3 in lift an put a set of 285 75 16 on them I want to go to a 35 but havingg to regear im scared me because I dont know mumuch abouit lifting a rig
It is possible to fit 35 but like every one says cab mount chop, cut the pinch weld. Once you put 35 your gunna see what you need to cut And if you regear I would go with 4.88 and at the same time invest in some lockers aswell
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

MrGrimm

Theduck911

n0rth

maxmillion

yeah i know, it can be done just A LOT of work. hes going to have to cut some for 33s but arent the 4cyls lower than the v6?

also i would not do 35s with the 4cyl going to take way to much power a way from it. IMHO.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plan on investing in an angle grinder... Lots o' cutting to stuff 35's with a 3" lift...
Quote:
yeah i know, it can be done just A LOT of work. hes going to have to cut some for 33s but arent the 4cyls lower than the v6?

also i would not do 35s with the 4cyl going to take way to much power a way from it. IMHO.
You need to read n0rth's build thread... He's got a 4banger on 35's with 4.88 gears.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

They make the single cabs in 6lug just like the prerunners and the 4x4. If you regear it will help a lot
Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
GO VOLS!

Quote:
You need to read n0rth's build thread... He's got a 4banger on 35's with 4.88 gears.
ok. will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
They make the single cabs in 6lug just like the prerunners and the 4x4. If you regear it will help a lot
yeah. but are the 4 cylinder 6lug? yes regear will help. i just think with all that extra weight it will be a little under powered.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
That thing is sweet and also invest in lockers at the same time
Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
ok. will do.

yeah. but are the 4 cylinder 6lug? yes regear will help. i just think with all that extra weight it will be a little under powered.
Toyota makes 5lug and 6lug
Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

MrGrimm

Theduck911

n0rth

maxmillion

You're forgetting one boss motherf*cker...

MOI! Mcgrimm and I have got LT though.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Toyota makes 5lug and 6lug
yeah i know. i thought 4cyl were the 5 lug, and all the v6 were 6 lug.??
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #14
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Or just stick with 33" tires and be happy. I trimmed plenty of plastic, plus cab mount, to clear these.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
yeah i know. i thought 4cyl were the 5 lug, and all the v6 were 6 lug.??
They made 4cylinder in 5lug and 6lug.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Wait where is Susie Q? Let me get a thread!! Also Welcome OP!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Susie Q

and n0rth's Build personally my favorite truck on this site!