Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Cruise Control Question

Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
jmwoutdoors1 is on a distinguished road
jmwoutdoors1's Tacoma Gallery
Cruise Control Question

Hey TacomaWorld
This is my first post and before I get started some of you folks are brilliant! I love seeing all the DIY mods that you post they are awesome! I recently added intermittent wipers and cruise to my 09 5 speed. Everything went as smooth as silk, I just can't get the cruise to hold speed. Is clutch switch for a manual shift cruise the same switch that engages the starter when the pedal is depressed? Do I need a second clutch switch? I know someone out there has the answer. Thanks to all!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
I can't help with that, but I can say welcome to TW.

Frank
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
All Good!

I've figured it out and answered my own question and successfully installed cruise control!!! Anyone have a source for a rearview mirror with backup monitor? The lower the price the better! Thanks for the welcome too.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
What was the problem and solution?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
Just a missing clutch switch, didn't realize that two switches were needed on the clutch pedal.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwoutdoors1 View Post
Just a missing clutch switch, didn't realize that two switches were needed on the clutch pedal.
The clutch switch that is above the pedal?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Yes the top switch. I didn't see the opening until after first attempts failled. Thanks to the Mayor for the welcome as well!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
JudoJohn is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
JudoJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Hi folks- looking to retrofit cruise control on my Tacoma. any suggestions where to buy it?
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
You can purchase a kit from cruisecontrol.com they are complete and will make installation easier than ordering everything yourself. Be sure your getting the extra parts needed for your 5 speed manual. Good Luck.
I'm so glad i added cruise to mine!