Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Member, New Tacoma--what do you guys think so far?

Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
OSUbuckeyes is on a distinguished road
OSUbuckeyes's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New Member, New Tacoma--what do you guys think so far?

I'm new to Tacoma World and wanted to share some of the basic upgrades I've made to my truck so far (with the help of some of the threads on here).

I have a 2012 SR5 Double Cab Tacoma. I don't do any offroading (yet) so they are strictly aesthetic upgrades so far.

Any suggestions on what's next? I'd like to do bigger tires, but I've read a few threads that say you have to get a leveling kit to do 275/75-16 tires. I'm not looking to void my warranty yet so I'm hesitant to mess with the suspension.

Here is the list:

- OEM Roof Rack
- Ionic Railway Running Boards Set - Black
- 20% Front Window Tint
- PlastiDipped wheels and front emblem
- Ventshade In-Channel Ventvisors

Comments/Suggestions appreciated!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Frank
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CichliCole View Post
Welcome. Nice truck. I'm kinda partial to the black-out...get rid of the chrome!

Cole~
Yea I'd like to get completely rid of the chrome as well. Any tips on where to start?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbuckeyes View Post
Yea I'd like to get completely rid of the chrome as well. Any tips on where to start?
Homeroshi grille, swap bumpers or buy an offroad bumper
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well to me that grill looks like crap, but it depends on if the person likes the mesh style it has. Welcome to the site too
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Well to me that grill looks like crap, but it depends on if the person likes the mesh style it has. Welcome to the site too
Yea I'm not so sure if I'd like to go with a mesh grill either, but I'll do some shopping around. I think the next aesthetic upgrades I will do will be the grill and bumper. Thanks for the advice!

Any insight on the tires? I've heard mixed reviews about whether a 265/75-16 tire can fit on a stock SR5 Tacoma without a leveling kit...
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
disassemble's Tacoma Gallery
Did the roof rack come with the truck or u installed it after
Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
Did the roof rack come with the truck or u installed it after
It's the standard roof rack from Toyota that comes on the Tacomas. I had them install it after I bought it as a part of the deal.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck! Welcome aboard!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsc View Post
i plasti dipped my rear bumper to get rid of the chrome for now.. trying to get my money straight so i can buy new plate bumpers! looks good for now.. just my .02
That's a great idea, I didn't even think about that. Does the bumper look a little off with the plasti-dip bumper instead of having it painted? Do you have any pictures?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #14
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbuckeyes View Post
That's a great idea, I didn't even think about that. Does the bumper look a little off with the plasti-dip bumper instead of having it painted? Do you have any pictures?
i think mine looks good imo.. here are some pictures sorry for the quality and the sand all over the bumper as it has been raining here for a few days!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
That looks really good!! Any tips or advice on how you did it? I plastidipped my wheels while they were still on my truck--can you do the same for the bumper?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I did.. I just cleaned the chrome really well and taped off and used pages out of the wife's magazine around where any over spray could end up.. And took the tag off ofcourse! I left all the plastic on the bumper where you can step and just used a brush to get the over spray off that wasn't thick enough to just pull off after it dried and has held up really great! Good luck and post some pics when you done!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
what part of Ohio are you from?
welcome!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Me LIKES!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsc View Post
Oh and I took off the tag lights off! All you do for that I take the screw out of each one and either push it easy toward the truck or away and it comes right off.. Sorry I can't remember which way to take them off..
Thanks for the tips! This will definitely be my next project along with the chrome on my grill. I'll post pics after I get it all done.

Did you do anything to your taillights to get them to look dark like that?