1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road trip

Discussion in 'New Members' started by crazy joker, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    crazy joker

crazy joker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Charlotte area, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB sport 4x4
    Real men just call it camping
    Just bought a new 2012 TRD access cab. I've been reading this forum for a while and havn't got around to posting anything myself. I have taken my old 2005 tacoma to all 48 states over the years. I miss her, but I look forward to new adventures in my new truck. I plan to pull my camper from North Carolina to Sacramento in January. I will be taking a southern route. I have always taken northern routes, but this will be January. Dose anyone have any good ideas of some stopping places? I like scenic but cheap. :hungry:

2. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    WELCOME!! if you take the southern route and come thru birmingham oak mountain is a very family oriented place to camp. and great hiking, mountain biking, and horse trails as well. some good places to go wheel to if you stay for a day or 2. pm me if you do.

3. Oct 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to TW.

Frank

4. Oct 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

5. Oct 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    welcome from TN! why going? escaping the all the snow we (as in all of the north and east/tn and NC included) are suppose to get?

6. Oct 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    NWTacoGuy

NWTacoGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Pacific North West
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road DCSB
    Fabtech 6", xd addicts/35x11.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Black badges, Pioneer HU, 11' grille, ect ect ect....
    I drove from Raleigh to Phoenix some years back, and I took 90 the whole way..well to Flagstaff then I had to take 17 south. Anyway that was a great trip and there are tons of places to stop off and visit if you are taking your time!!

7. Oct 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    On my recent trip to CO, I searched for state parks near the route I was taking. I am not a fan of KOA's. I found one in SW Kansas that was really cool. Good facilities and not crowded. State parks are usually in a scenic area and are cheap, but you probably already know that.

January isn't the most scenic time of year, though, bare trees and brown grass. West Texas and the SW desert probably look about the same, though. If you are going way south, Big Bend is a great place to visit. Then wind your way up through Arizona through the Painted Desert to the Grand Canyon. Or hit Moab. Too many awesome choices!

8. Oct 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow, that's a ton of driving! Welcome to TW from the East Bay! You got some members near you, say hi in the sac and the NorCal spotted threads

Products Discussed in

To Top