Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New member, new taco

Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
shoeboxjoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
shoeboxjoe's Tacoma Gallery
New member, new taco

Was shopping for new Audi or VW for my wife and to my surprise she says "You should just buy a truck...". Don't need to tell me twice! So after going back and forth between different packages we settled on a 2013 double cab (for the baby) TRD sport long bed in black.

I sold my '03 Audi RS6 to buy my wife a new car and after it was gone she decided she wanted to keep her Subaru. I pouted for a while about that but honestly i can't believe how much i love the new Tacoma. Entune and the touch screen/JBL stereo really were impressive the way they work with your ipod/iphone. Shit i guess im getting more practical now that i'm a dad.

Anyway, went with Sport because i honestly go off road maybe 5 times a year on logging trails for hunting and fishing, mostly just going to work and back. Long bed just for more utility, pick up a lot of vintage honda motorcycles and misc car parts for various projects (building a '78 Ford Fiesta at the moment). Was always toying around with the idea of restoring a small old Airstream or canned ham travel trailer also so the Tacoma just opens that option up as well.

Love what i've read in the forum as well, lots of good info and good people, glad to be here.

joe
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeboxjoe View Post
Was shopping for new Audi or VW for my wife and to my surprise she says "You should just buy a truck...". Don't need to tell me twice! So after going back and forth between different packages we settled on a 2013 double cab (for the baby) TRD sport long bed in black.

I sold my '03 Audi RS6 to buy my wife a new car and after it was gone she decided she wanted to keep her Subaru. I pouted for a while about that but honestly i can't believe how much i love the new Tacoma. Entune and the touch screen/JBL stereo really were impressive the way they work with your ipod/iphone. Shit i guess im getting more practical now that i'm a dad.

Anyway, went with Sport because i honestly go off road maybe 5 times a year on logging trails for hunting and fishing, mostly just going to work and back. Long bed just for more utility, pick up a lot of vintage honda motorcycles and misc car parts for various projects (building a '78 Ford Fiesta at the moment). Was always toying around with the idea of restoring a small old Airstream or canned ham travel trailer also so the Tacoma just opens that option up as well.

Love what i've read in the forum as well, lots of good info and good people, glad to be here.

joe
Good choice! Congrads and welcome!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
Love a hood scoop is on a distinguished road
Love a hood scoop's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck. Exactly what I'm looking for except short bed. You must of pre ordered it.
NICE...
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love a hood scoop View Post
Love the truck. Exactly what I'm looking for except short bed. You must of pre ordered it.
NICE...
Thanks! No I didn't preorder. I went to our local Toyota dealer and they happened to have a 2013 just like this but without Entune. It sold before I could test drive it but was able to test drive a SR5. I always have problems with dealers taking me seriously as a buyer (think its my beard and general scruffy appearance) so i had to put money down and sign some papers before they would go to work finding me what i wanted. Took about a week and a half for them to do a dealer trade and get this in.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Frank
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I just got the exact same truck! Black trucks RULE!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #10

The mileage of the beast!