Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

NEWBIE- 2013 Double cab Offroad 4x4 Tacoma...sorta disapointed.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
costaa1 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
costaa1's Tacoma Gallery
NEWBIE- 2013 Double cab Offroad 4x4 Tacoma...sorta disapointed.

Hi there...My first tacoma....Overall I like the truck but the Engine braking has become so unbearable that I resent driving it...I just WANT TO COAST IN PEACE!!!!...Anyways, Hi everyone...I have developed a wealth of info on this site in the past 2 weeks Ive had it.
Attached Thumbnails
NEWBIE- 2013 Double cab Offroad 4x4 Tacoma...sorta disapointed.-580948_10152224236060294_440946441_n.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Man, didn't think it was that bad... Maybe shift into neutral when slowing?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Welcome to TW

Man, didn't think it was that bad... Maybe shift into neutral when slowing?
Thats bad to do on an auto tranny. Could cause it to get hot.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats bad to do on an auto tranny. Could cause it to get hot.
Disregard then...
Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take the truck off your hands.

Put it in neutral.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Law Enforcement:
costaa1's Tacoma Gallery
I tried the Neutral thing...but ive become obsessed over it...This thing is great on the highway and offroad...City driving SUCKS!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Engine breaking in city stop and go traffic ?

I only notice it on hills
Old 10-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

x2
Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
Law Enforcement:
costaa1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well hills obviously also....Like for example I live in a suburban/city area in NJ...most roads are 40mph...So ill getto 45-48 and eventually I have to slow down...I let foot off gas and its like the transmission shifts down to first gear...why cant it just slow down like normal cars..Can this issue be fixed?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaa1 View Post
Well hills obviously also....Like for example I live in a suburban/city area in NJ...most roads are 40mph...So ill getto 45-48 and eventually I have to slow down...I let foot off gas and its like the transmission shifts down to first gear...why cant it just slow down like normal cars..Can this issue be fixed?
I doubt it shifts to first at 45 mph
Old 10-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
Law Enforcement:
costaa1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Mine doesn't act like that ^

Ok well now im def having it checked out next day off...The truck I test drove did not do this on flat pavement...im tired of babying this truck and wondering when itll do it next.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
Law Enforcement:
costaa1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I doubt it shifts to first at 45 mph

Im sure it doesnt but the whole truck jerks. I had a buddy follow me behind and he said its extremely noticeble when it happens
Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaa1 View Post
Im sure it doesnt but the whole truck jerks. I had a buddy follow me behind and he said its extremely noticeble when it happens
Hmm , mine doesn't do this

Your truck is fucked dude
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Dude can you post a video? It sure would help us figure out what's going on
Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , it's a 2013 , take it to the dealer and get a tech to ride along
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
MikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
MikeMH's Tacoma Gallery
45-48 mph may be torque converter lock up range? Not sure what it is on these trucks. Since it's brand new you may want to give it some time to let everything break in?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMH View Post
45-48 mph may be torque converter lock up range?
Yes