Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

1st truck/Tacoma - 2013 SR5

Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
MisterTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
MisterTaco's Tacoma Gallery
1st truck/Tacoma - 2013 SR5

Hey guys - just picked up my 2013 Tacoma SR5 4x4 manual transmission in Nautical Blue. Have always driven cars and this is my 1st truck. Bought a house last year and it seems like every other week I had a need for a truck. Did my research and quickly fell in love with everything about the Tacoma.

The pictures were taken today, with the deal they are throwing in BF Goodrich AT tires which will be put on Tuesday. Don't plan to do any major mods to it (I work for my insurance company, get cheap insurance and they don't allow any mods on vehicles).

I like the 'murdered out' look... we'll see how far I go on that. Might only make it to manslaughter...

Would also like to get a tonneau cover, side steps. This is all new to me so might take me a while to figure out what I like/want.

See you guys around!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
cowbell is on a distinguished road

Name: tom
cowbell's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Your research led you to the right company and model. Enjoy.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!!!

Welcome!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTaco View Post
Don't plan to do any major mods to it (I work for my insurance company, get cheap insurance and they don't allow any mods on vehicles).
Sounds like you might need to find a new job ...too much temptation around here when it comes to mods!

Welcome! There's lot of helpful folks around here to help you continue to learn about your truck.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.. Welcome to TW!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Good color choice man one of my favorites. Since you said you want some side steps you may want to look into some sliders. Even if you don't get the beefiest of ones, they are about the same price as plastic side steps, and even a bolt on of lower strength in the slider realm will give you much more protection against door dings and such. Just a suggestion.

Hope you can avoid the mod bug until you know what ya want for sure congrats on the new truck! and Welcome!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
LaneskyTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Lane
LaneskyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats from halifax! I am jelly of you're truck, got my color choice. I wish I could trade in my RDX for a crew cab 6spd trd tacoma, it gets the same mileage. But I gotta wait till I am done school. enjoy and get it dirty.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, from Nova Scotia.

Frank
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #12
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, I just got my self the TRD Sports double cab, standard 6 speed... I don't have it yet, its still on order I should get it in late Nov, got it with the Leather seats... can't wait.

enjoy your ride.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from NC
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #14
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Great Truck! Nice purchase! I love my SR5 and am glad I saved the extra cash!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
Tacoma Mentor
Tacomatom2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tacoma Tom
Tacomatom2013's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice TACO! Love the color. I have the 2013 Pre Runner in the same, but V6 2W Drive with 5 Sp Auto. Tow Pack and all. Don't need the 4WD where I'm from, but based on you pics, you do. Love and Enjoy your new chariot! Congrats!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
nolafishr is on a distinguished road
nolafishr's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats !!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #17
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME !!!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
l tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to all
l tacoMAS l's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTaco View Post
Hey guys - just picked up my 2013 Tacoma SR5 4x4 manual transmission in Nautical Blue. Have always driven cars and this is my 1st truck. Bought a house last year and it seems like every other week I had a need for a truck. Did my research and quickly fell in love with everything about the Tacoma.

The pictures were taken today, with the deal they are throwing in BF Goodrich AT tires which will be put on Tuesday. Don't plan to do any major mods to it (I work for my insurance company, get cheap insurance and they don't allow any mods on vehicles).

I like the 'murdered out' look... we'll see how far I go on that. Might only make it to manslaughter...

Would also like to get a tonneau cover, side steps. This is all new to me so might take me a while to figure out what I like/want.

See you guys around!

Welcome MisterTaco!
Sweet Truck... My 2013 DCSB 4x4 Tacoma is my first truck as well & I have been absolutely loving it thus far!
...there's all kind of helpful "product reviews" on TacomaWorld to help you with selection/installation/modification of all things Tacoma...
as far as tonneau covers go, I'm installing mine tomorrow and so can't recommend one much more over the other, however, if you need a locking tonneau then Definitely consider the G4 Elite (Fold-a-Cover). Otherwise, most folks like Extang & Bak-Flip...
Enjoy your new rig & good luck avoiding the Mod temptations!