1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 PreRunner 2WD extracab black

Discussion in 'New Members' started by OhWhatAFeeling, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    OhWhatAFeeling

OhWhatAFeeling [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner Roadtripper
    Wheels Tires Headlights Grill Brush bar Fog lights Hood guard Stereo system Next up - ARE cap Leather buckets
    Hi, I'm proud owner of a 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner with extra cab. I bought it in November 1999 from a dealership in San Diego, CA. I was so sure I was going to buy it that I sold my old vehicle in the San Diego Tribune rather than trade in. I walked to the dealership. In fact I called beforehand and let them know that I did not own a vehicle and planned to walk there. I walked 4 miles and when I arrived I snagged the dealer from the phone conversation and said, "You're going to sell this today if you're fair." I got it with a bedliner and alarm system for $17,000. I drove off the lot in it and back to my apartment.

My PreRunner has been my main driver for 13 years with never a single mechanical problem. There are 167K miles on the truck with no end in sight. I have driven it across the country and multiple trips between my hometown in CT and my current residence in NC. It has helped me move a dozen times and helped me renovate my first and only home. I tried to sell it once on ebay and thankfully somebody hacked my account and the auction was halted. I wanted to gamble it on the stock market, and this was around 2007. Other times when I tried to sell it dealers and aggressive buyers would come in and lowball me by $1,000 below kellybluebook. The truck actually gained value on the pre-owned market a few years ago.

My situation is this - I don't plan on buying a new vehicle for the next decade. I don't want a car payment and I cherish my PreRunner for its reliability. What I want to do is inject new life into it - give it a camper topper, Yakima rack, a new coat of glossy black paint, a lift, bigger tires, new black rims, a new stereo system for my satellite radio, new seat covers for the two front seats and new mats. I am renewing my vows.

I'm here to gather information from you all about how I can best go about reviving my trusty Tacoma life partner. I will take before and after pictures and post them to the site so all that have cheered us, supported us and helped us can share in the satisfaction of a full transformation. As a member of a Tacoma community, I hope my truck can be a worthwhile project for everyone.

My funds are $3,000.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to Tacoma World.

Frank

3. Oct 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    OhWhatAFeeling

OhWhatAFeeling [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner Roadtripper
    Wheels Tires Headlights Grill Brush bar Fog lights Hood guard Stereo system Next up - ARE cap Leather buckets
    Thanks Frank. I should've done this long ago but now seems about the right time. I could possibly stave off a mid-life crisis which is a good thing.

4. Oct 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

Products Discussed in