Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

What's up everyone!-New first Taco owner

Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
05' Silverback Gorilla!
ToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frankie
ToyTaco408's Tacoma Gallery
Talking What's up everyone!-New first Taco owner

What up everyone,

Names Frankie I'm located in the Bay Area, San Jose to be exact. I joined today hoping to get knowledge on my vehicle. This is my newest car I've ever had. I'm a 23 year old college student that needed something to head to the snow but also looks and drives badass. I bought the vehicle from an older man who had all service records,receipts,photos,etc.. I bought it as shown and I'm defintely looking to mod it once I find out what to do to her and what products to use. She's pretty clean inside and out and couldn't ask for more. I got hit on the freeway a couple months ago and wrecked my bike. I'm fine but my bike is done . All good I got a taco now. Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions as I am going to be asking a lot after searching of course.
Attached Thumbnails
What's up everyone!-New first Taco owner-toy.jpg   What's up everyone!-New first Taco owner-toy2.jpg  
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Wassup Frankie, welcome to TW from the East Bay, there's a whole bunch of us around you so roll on over to this thread and say hello! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html

Keep an eye on that thread because ideas for meets, wheeling trips and mod days usually start there!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
lineman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
lineman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Louisiana.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
05' Silverback Gorilla!
ToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Welcome to TW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman View Post
Welcome from Louisiana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Wassup Frankie, welcome to TW from the East Bay, there's a whole bunch of us around you so roll on over to this thread and say hello! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...bs-thread.html

Keep an eye on that thread because ideas for meets, wheeling trips and mod days usually start there!
Sick man, I'll defintely suscribe and join in soon!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Also, this guy is our local fabber, he's up in benicia and definitely one to check out for some mods, he's listed on this site as a vender (tabs Forum list>Vendors>Bay Area Metal Fabrication).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ll-trucks.html
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Also, this guy is our local fabber, he's up in benicia and definitely one to check out for some mods, he's listed on this site as a vender (tabs Forum list>Vendors>Bay Area Metal Fabrication).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ll-trucks.html
AWESOME! I have money now to start doing some things..definitely wanted to get started on performance first. I will be checking him out later today. Thanks man what a great help already.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTaco408 View Post
AWESOME! I have money now to start doing some things..definitely wanted to get started on performance first. I will be checking him out later today. Thanks man what a great help already.
OK, then, in that case, there are do's and don'ts about performance, feel free to PM members here to figure out what to do. Bottom line is, there are some things you can do like a super-charger which will get you the most improvement in a hurry but things like CAI's and cat-back exhausts will not get you the kind of improvements that the companies claim. I have a K&N 63 CAI, Ernie Banks cat-back exhaust and a URD MAF Calibrator (Which corrects the MAF data going to the trucks computer), yes my truck is faster than stock, but I did all this before I joined this forum, had I known then what I know now, I probably would have just saved my pennies and got a super-charger instead. The engines in our trucks are pretty well tuned, there is room for improvement but not a ton.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from so cal
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Welcome from so cal
Sup!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
welcome aboard sir, definitely get in on some of the snow runs this year, im originally from the north bay and used to either take my atv or ride with someone else, moved to CO in may.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Question

Quote:
OK, then, in that case, there are do's and don'ts about performance, feel free to PM members here to figure out what to do. Bottom line is, there are some things you can do like a super-charger which will get you the most improvement in a hurry but things like CAI's and cat-back exhausts will not get you the kind of improvements that the companies claim. I have a K&N 63 CAI, Ernie Banks cat-back exhaust and a URD MAF Calibrator (Which corrects the MAF data going to the trucks computer), yes my truck is faster than stock, but I did all this before I joined this forum, had I known then what I know now, I probably would have just saved my pennies and got a super-charger instead. The engines in our trucks are pretty well tuned, there is room for improvement but not a ton.
I have been lightly reading around and have noticed many members of different forums saying the same thing. I wasn't thinking anything too crazy since I have bills to pay.lol. Honestly, I was just thinking-(k&n or airtech)air filter or cold air..which is preffered? Just the filter or the whole cold air? Besides that basically-airfilter,exhaust(dont know where to look or what to get),throttle body spacer, and maybe a chip...which I've been reading that they dont do much at all. I thank you for your wisdom and your opinions. Let me know what you think? Supercharger IMO is too much for me..what are they like 5k? I dont think i need that.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
welcome aboard sir, definitely get in on some of the snow runs this year, im originally from the north bay and used to either take my atv or ride with someone else, moved to CO in may.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Welcome to TW

Can't wait for more snow!! Snowboarding will be badass with this baby!

Greetings sir!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Nice looking truck....
Thanks boss, likewise.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #19
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice! Welcome to TW.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
05' Silverback Gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Very Nice! Welcome to TW.
Thank you. I feel so welcomed already.