Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Retaling sound

Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Dinu is on a distinguished road
Dinu's Tacoma Gallery
Retaling sound

Hi guys iam getting retaling sound front pass side took the penal out cant find anything.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! describe this retaling noise
Old 10-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Dinu is on a distinguished road
Dinu's Tacoma Gallery
its inside the cab i check the speaker its fine,its around r/f seat,door and glove box.i was thinking its a speaker thats y i took the penal out.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Is it a rattle, or a hum? Does it happen at around 1500 rpm?

Frank
Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #6
Juggy1337 is on a distinguished road
Juggy1337's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Welcome to TW.

Is it a rattle, or a hum? Does it happen at around 1500 rpm?

Frank
Sorry to jack the thread, but I think its old anyway. I'm having a metalic sounding rattle at exactly 1500 rpm. Sounds like its coming from the front of the truck. Can you tell me what it is?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy1337 View Post
Sorry to jack the thread, but I think its old anyway. I'm having a metalic sounding rattle at exactly 1500 rpm. Sounds like its coming from the front of the truck. Can you tell me what it is?
Does it make the sound in neutral, standing still? Only in gear, only under load? We need more information to try and diagnose your truck over the interweb. Start with the simple stuff, make sure the truck has oil, could possibly be one of your pulleys.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
Juggy1337 is on a distinguished road
Juggy1337's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Does it make the sound in neutral, standing still? Only in gear, only under load? We need more information to try and diagnose your truck over the interweb. Start with the simple stuff, make sure the truck has oil, could possibly be one of your pulleys.
Hi Pugga. My mistake, I should have listed some of those conditions. The rattle / buzz is coming from the driver side, near the door. Its hard to miss with the door open. With that said, the buzz happens in neutral or in 1st or 2nd gear where the RPMs can dip below 1500. Once you get into the higher RPMs its not an issue. There is no load at all (bed empty, no trailer).

I've been able to replicate it sitting still in my driveway or while moving. It isn't happening 100% all the time, but often enough to know that I'm not crazy (I'm able to show it to people).

I did a search on the forum here and tried to see if its the glove box wiring harness rubbing against the metal bracket, but I've taken the glove box off, and for sure the noise is coming from the opposite side.

As far as maintenance, I do regularly scheduled oil changes and what not, so I'm 100% sure its not because I'm running dry.