Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello From Guam!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
Proud Tacoma *****
HERMS671 is on a distinguished road

HERMS671's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Hello From Guam!

What's up all! My name is Herman aka Herms from Guam. For those of you who don't know where Guam is, it is a small, tropical island in the Pacific. We are a territory of the United States. A lot of people compare Guam to Hawaii but a smaller version. It is summer all year long and life is good! I own a 2008 Tacoma Double Cab and I joined this forum because I plan on building up my truck and I have all these modifications I want to accomplish. I feel that forums are a great way to share ideas and learn new things. The first mod on my list is a lift kit, rims and tires. I know I definitely want a 6" lift but don't know if I should go with Fabtech or Procomp. Hopefully I'll find more ideas on this forum and make new friends at the same time.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
Proud Tacoma *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Welcome Herms!

I think you're the 1st 'local' I've seen on here. It's usually the military guys stationed there...

What are you gonna do to it?
First thing's first is my 6" lift and rims and tires. I'm looking to run 17" or 18" wheels on 35's. So many options to choose from and it gets overwhelming. So looking at your Avatar, you are in the Airforce stationed in Pennsylvania? When was the last time you were in Guam?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
Proud Tacoma *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Welcome to TW

Fokai!
Thanks for the warm welcome. Fokai FTW!!! Delmarva, are you from Guam too? Or were you stationed here before?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #5
Proud Tacoma *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
I've been out of the AF since 98 and moved back home.

Unfortunately, I've never been to Guam nor do I know much about it. Just that it's beautiful and there's alot of snakes...
Ahh...I see. The first part is true. Guam is beautiful. The snake stories are not true. Guam is not infested with Brown Tree Snakes. LOL. Come to think of it, I think the last time I saw a BTS was almost 3 years ago. And they're harmless. Although they scare the heck out of me because I'm just terrified when it comes to snakes. Hahaha. But to add to the snake rumor...the main reason why I bought my Tacoma is to squash all the snakes on the road. LOL!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMS671 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. Fokai FTW!!! Delmarva, are you from Guam too? Or were you stationed here before?
I've been to Guam 4 times over the past 5 years or so... always stayed at the Hilton in near 2 lovers point and worked out at Northwest Point or Anderson (DoD Contractor)
Old 01-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #7
Proud Tacoma *****

Quote:
I've been to Guam 4 times over the past 5 years or so... always stayed at the Hilton in near 2 lovers point and worked out at Northwest Point or Anderson (DoD Contractor)
Nice...I used to work as a contractor for DoD until 07. I was able to get into the federal side doing engineering work. How'd you like Guam while you were out here?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMS671 View Post
Nice...I used to work as a contractor for DoD until 07. I was able to get into the federal side doing engineering work. How'd you like Guam while you were out here?
I enjoyed myself. The beer was too expensive, but the titty bars were nice...

I worked A LOT when I was there and only go to play on the weekends -- did the whole tourist thing... got drunk... went snorkeling, etc.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #9
Proud Tacoma *****

Quote:
I enjoyed myself. The beer was too expensive, but the titty bars were nice...

I worked A LOT when I was there and only go to play on the weekends -- did the whole tourist thing... got drunk... went snorkeling, etc.

Glad you had good times here.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 AM   #10
Senior Lettuce Washer
Ticketdoctor has a spectacular aura aboutTicketdoctor has a spectacular aura about

Ticketdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Herm, what type of engineering word do you do?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #11
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from New York (Binghamton area) I landed on Guam on my way to Korea a long time ago! ! !!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #13
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Herms, summer all year round? Nice!
Post up some pics if you get a chance - before and after lift!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #15
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
welcome man.

fabtech
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #16
mkeeagle is on a distinguished road
Navy: IC3
mkeeagle's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #17
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #18
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Connecticut, glad to have you.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
Proud Tacoma *****

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketdoctor View Post
Welcome to TW.

Herm, what type of engineering word do you do?
Mainly network engineering.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
mbodnar is on a distinguished road
mbodnar's Tacoma Gallery
Hafa Adai,
Lived on Guam for six years, 1977-1983 drove a Toyota Hilux, loved the island. Took the trucK around the island with everyone in back and drank TUBA. Man that was fun. Red Rice, Chinken, great food, fun people, plan to go back someday. worked at GCC, might not be called that anymore. What village do youy live in or are you on base?