Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New to Tacoma World- New to Tacomas!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
caseyretterer is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
caseyretterer's Tacoma Gallery
New to Tacoma World- New to Tacomas!

Hey all, I am new here to the site and have decided to join up and say hello. I actually (sadly) do not yet own my own Tacoma as of yet. I currently have a Pontiac G6. So far its been a solid car, but I'm pushing 100,000 miles and I know pretty soon stuff is going to start to break. I'm really hoping to sell the Pontiac and get into a 2002-2004 Tacoma. I've always liked them and I've been doing research on how long they last and how well they work. It seems that I can get 300,000+ miles out of a Tacoma and not really have to worry too much about it breaking down. After looking around I think I'm looking for a 4wd, 4 door, 6 cylinder, manual transmission truck. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions as to which Tacoma might be best please let me know, I'm aiming in the 12,000 price range hoping to get something under 120,000 miles. Thanks so much and I look forward to being a part of the Tacoma World!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World.

Frank
Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
mitchellayes is on a distinguished road
Navy: IT
Name: Mitchell
mitchellayes's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome brother...Sell the Pontiac quick and get ur tacoma. You will never regret it! Reliable, decent gas mileage and pretty comfortable! Cheap parts easy to maintain! Canot go wrong! I love my Tacoma...1997 - 2000 are great also! Had mine for 5 years without any problems what so ever!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
caseyretterer is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
caseyretterer's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard they are really easy to work on and maintain? I take it you all would agree? I'd want to be able to do head gaskets or other pretty intense repairs right in my driveway.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 AM   #6
hammerbeck is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 351st FMMS,Whiteman AFB, MO (1975-79)
Name: Rick
hammerbeck's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy....gotta '12 "black" base access cab tacoma a few months ago...I love it. 4-Bangers , I am here with you and love what you have been doing to those little trucks. I am sold on Toyotas and traded down in size from a 06 Tundra Limited 4wd quad cab. I miss that sweet truck, but don't miss the gas mileage. This new tacoma is perfect for a 30 minute commute to work. Plus I get to haul all I need, when I need it.