1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated leather seats

Discussion in 'New Members' started by gearcruncher, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Nov 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    Guyz , does anyone have a mod so the heated seats turn off with the ignition switch ?
    The heated seats stay on after the ignition is turned off ?? If i forget to turn the seats off , the battery dies after a 12 hour cold soak .
    I like the heated seat option , but why dont they turn off with the ignition switch . Yes , heated seats remain on .
    What was the thinking here ? sitting in the vehicle after the truck is turned off , you keep your butt warm ?
    My command start is an excellent feature but if I cant warm the drivers seat first thing in the morning ,whats the point ?
    I beleive GM does the same thing . I dont beleive the mod would take much .
    Just throwing this out there to see if others find this annoying

2. Nov 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Interested to see what others suggest but what I would do is add a relay from the heated seat to the cigarette lighter or radio, something that only has power if the ignition is on.

3. Nov 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    gearcruncher

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    I like your reply !!!!
    According to my friend , GM is the same . How many people actually sit in the vehicle after its turned off and need the heated seat function . I could understand if the vehicle was being used for stake outs in a police package but for an every day driver , they should be wired into the ignition switch .
    That being said , and this being a Canadain vehicle , heated seats may have been an afterthought and wired directly to battery voltage rather than re-engineering the ignition switch . I will wait for others to gather thoughts on this as there are many members with this option .
    Gotta be a fairly hefty circuit driving two seat elements with a hi / low option , this would have to be an electrical circuit all on its own . Cant rob from other devices to supply power to the seats

4. Nov 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    That's strange all of the stuff I have owned goes off with the key. You lucky Canadians get all the cool stuff I'll swap you for mine that won't kill the battery. They do draw some serious current.

5. Nov 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I would definitely not run them from an existing circuit. If you use a relay, the effect is similar to how an amplifier turns on when the radio does, but it's still wired directly to the battery.

6. Nov 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    gearcruncher

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    Anyone got electrical schematics for this critter ?

7. Nov 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Most likely the dealer sent it to an upholstery shop to get the seats done, so it's probably custom wired. Check the fuse boxes for any add-a-fuse circuits or extra wires directly from the battery. You might also contact the dealer and ask them but chances are they are dumb.

8. Nov 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    gearcruncher

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    To be honest , I have not read the glove box manual yet lol and have owned the truck for a week .
    I beleive the heated seats and heated mirrors are a Canadain option but not sure .
    Typical for a guy huh . There are a few options on this truck that I am still unaware of how it works or what it does . Thankfully , we have TW . I have been reading here for 3 nights straight and still have unanswered questions regarding the additional options on my TRD . I am breaking out the manual as I type this . When all else fails , read the instructions in the manual :D

Products Discussed in

To Top