Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Here. My Pros and Cons of Truck

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
TNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the rough
Name: JJ
TNM JJ's Tacoma Gallery
New Here. My Pros and Cons of Truck

Hello. I bought a 09 Toyota Tacoma. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros: Good build quality, fun off-road, backup camera on the autodim mirror is useful, good resale value.
Cons: No outside heated mirrors, auto transmission tends to go into the wrong gear on downhill but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Could have used better stock tires.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Maniac9230 has a spectacular aura aboutManiac9230 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eric
Maniac9230's Tacoma Gallery
If you could go back in a Delorean, would you tell the past you to get a manual?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Search DIY Heated Mirrors, or there are 2 aftermarket heated mirror options available that I know of. One is sold by Mach1Man001, the other is Muth Mirrors.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
TechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
TechJunky's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The transmission " Con " is called engine braking
Yup! Supposed to do that.

Welcome to the club. What did you have before?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The transmission " Con " is called engine braking
x2!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Search DIY Heated Mirrors, or there are 2 aftermarket heated mirror options available that I know of. One is sold by Mach1Man001, the other is Muth Mirrors.
x2 the heated mirror mod seems to be a relatively easy fix. It's on my list of things to do and changing out the stock tires is an easy fix too.

Welcome to the forum!