Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

First tacoma and loving it!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Redsky1085 is on a distinguished road
Redsky1085's Tacoma Gallery
First tacoma and loving it!

Hey guys,

I just picked up my new 2013 tacoma, was trying for a 2012 but they didn't have what I wanted anywhere in northern cali.

Anyways, I'm now a proud owner of a tacoma double cab long bed limited edition. Since I've owned it I've upgraded the headlights to a 5k HID, and a spin tech muffler with turn down. I'm waiting on my new bed rack to come in from all pro should be here on Black Friday.

My plan is to build this truck and more of an expedition camping vehicle with a small lift but nothing crazy. I'm actually looking for a good tool chest the fills in the bed well. I want the chest to sit flush or slightly lower than the bed rails, any suggestions?

Sorry for the poor quality but here the main voyage at Hollister Offroad park. My GF has never been "off road" so I figured I kill two birds with one stone.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Me mber
chris5255 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
chris5255's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Welcome to TW
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5255 View Post
Nice truck. Welcome to TW
Thank you
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Knowledge rating result of a goat vs MC vid
Aught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Aught2TaCO's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from CO, and I agree, nice truck. The pic quality is cool too, makes it look "dreamy"
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Truckee
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World, from Nova Scotia.

Frank
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
Thank you all. So I received my all pro bed rack last Friday and finally got it mounted today. i ended up using the duplicolor spray on bed liner for a clean look; also started installing my cb radio. The antenna is a 3ft fire stick ( think I might go to a 2ft later on). Also ran the antenna wire through the cage behind the bed fender and. Trough and existing grommet on the far of the cab. As you can see i did a little rearranging of the switches and I'm using one of the blank switches opening under the climate control unit. I'm going to be using a cobra 75 WX ST. The reason I chose this cb over other was mainly for the ability to not have a huge unit lingering in the truck. Like I said earlier going to the expedition style so I still want to keep the interior comfort and cleanliness. Once I finish this up ill post better photos using a real camera, my iPhone is crappy.

Bed cage.

Cb radio mounted to a washer and cable entering the bed rack. Made sure to use a grommet and silicone to keep the water out.

Original configuration was (driver heated seat, blank slot, USB, passenger heated seat). ..an now.. (Mounting not finished!!)

Next is mounting a few Ammo cans.. And then moving on to the ham radio set up.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
welcome man, look at delta pro toolboxes my buddy bought one for his truck and it fits perfectly in the bed between the humps and sit right under the bed rail.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Taco13limited is on a distinguished road
Taco13limited's Tacoma Gallery
What a coincidence!

This is also my first Tacoma and it also is a LIMITED. I know exactly how you feel. Double Cab, regular bed, and just the right amount of chrome.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
welcome man, look at delta pro toolboxes my buddy bought one for his truck and it fits perfectly in the bed between the humps and sit right under the bed rail.
Would you happen to be able to get a photo by chance?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco13limited View Post
This is also my first Tacoma and it also is a LIMITED. I know exactly how you feel. Double Cab, regular bed, and just the right amount of chrome.
The wheels are a bit too much for my taste I'm looking to go with either some MT wheels or possibly the trd "bead lock" wheels. Not looking for a real bead lock, I just like the look.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
Oh and if you live in the SF Bay Area and your looking into getting a CB radio check out Clyde's Corner Electronics (510) 276-8739
15796 E 14th St, San Leandro, CA 94578. It's the last CB store in the area and its a great family owned place. I like to do what I can to help the small business. Ya you can just order everything online but where's the fun in that and how that only helps the larger companies. Just figured I'd let you guys know about this place if you didn't know about it already.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 AM   #16
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky1085 View Post
Would you happen to be able to get a photo by chance?
il try i will text him and see if he will send me one.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #17
TacoJones is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
TacoJones's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Tacoma Redsky. I did luck out and got a 2012. Not the color I wanted, but $29400 for a double cab Off Road? I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday!! I had the dealership install a ToyTec before I picked it up. Love the look. Going to do the same as you...nothing over the top but I do need more aggressive tires and going with minor mods for the moment: Red Line hood lifts, Husky liners, heated mirrors, etc. Gotta get it winter ready for North Dakota!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #18
LeftyTom has a spectacular aura aboutLeftyTom has a spectacular aura about
LeftyTom's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #19
Today was a hell of a day, I worked from 11pm last night to 8am this morning then took off to go Christmas tree hunting with my g/f. After two different location and walking 2 mountain sides in a duration of 5hrs she finally found one that she liked, problem was the tree was about 24ft tall.

Here's the top half of the tree cut down and ready to take home. I personally thought that the tree was perfect size to fit the tacoma...oh beside sticking out about 2-3feet. Lol

This was actually the 1st time I used the truck for well...a what it was built for hauling stuff. Funny thing was when I was out there I ran across a guy who looked at my saw and said. "Umm your not looking to cut a tree down with that are you?...those type of saws don't work out here." It was a brand new DeWalt hand saw.

Funny thing was I watched tis guy cutting down his tree and it took him about 5-10 minutes. I took my "bad saw" and cut my tree down in less than 2 minutes. Lol I hate people that think they know everything and want to try Belittle people. Anyway that guy shut his mouth pretty quick after he saw me get my tree down 1st.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Any one else have any shot of them cutting down or hauling their Christmas tree?