Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Door Bouncing Back in 2013 Tacoma I4 Access Cab

Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Dayton2012 is on a distinguished road

Dayton2012's Tacoma Gallery
Door Bouncing Back in 2013 Tacoma I4 Access Cab

Just bought the 2013 Tacoma Access CAB and noticed that I had to close the door harder (basically slam it) to get it closed. Have taken it to the dealership and they tried realigning the door by bending/twisting (gently) and that did not solve the problem. I checked with few other newer access cabs and I felt the same with other cabs. Tech guy told me that there is a vent for releasing pressure when you close the door, but for this 2013 truck, there is only one vent in the middle and that may be too small. According to him, in certain models, they have two of those vents.

I was just wondering whether any of you guys have the same experience with any 2013 models. This is my first truck and I believe the doors are bit rough compared to a sedan but I certainly have to put a bit of pressure to close it completely. Appreciate very much if you can share your experience.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
I do agree that you have to put a little more muscle into shutting the door but thats the way all of the 2nd gens are. It took me awhile to get used to it versus my 1st gen.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton2012 View Post
Tech guy told me that there is a vent for releasing pressure when you close the door, but for this 2013 truck, there is only one vent in the middle and that may be too small.

Is it a vent in the weatherstrip bulb or vent in the cab he's talking about?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
You Know We Can't Do This All Day!!!
MTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud of

MTBerJim's Tacoma Gallery
I have to pull my door pretty hard also (harder than I had to with my F-150 extended cab). When I have the guys from work in it they almost never get the door closed tight on the first try.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Dayton2012 is on a distinguished road

Dayton2012's Tacoma Gallery
FileIFR:

The vent is in the middle of the cab behind the back seat and it opens up to the space between the cab and the truck bed. Even if I lower the glass and try to close it, I had to sort of slam it hard. My neighbor has a Chevy Silverado and he thinks the door should be adjusted.

Thanks for all your inputs.