1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Kayaker8, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Nov 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    Kayaker8

Kayaker8 [OP] New Member

Member:
    NJ
    old man emu lift BFG KM2 285/75R16 Hella 500 fogs ARB bumper w/ winch
    Greetings fellow Tacoma enthusiasts. My name is Dave. I have a 1980 Toyota Bandit Motorhome(needs a lot of work), '97 Runner and recently purchased an '03 Tacoma access cab TRD 4x4 90k miles. After driving approx. 60 miles the CEL came. Local Toyota dealer informed needed catalytic converter. Also, front lower ball joints were recalled and will be placed by Toyota. Parts
    ordered...received call 2 days later and informed frame rusted out in rear at the connection with leaf springs. Vehicle deemed unsafe to drive. Now have Ref. No. and case manager with Toyota. Awaiting further communication.
    I'm fearful for the worst and hoping for the best!
    I'm hoping that Toyota will do the proper thing and resolve this in a timely manner. I find it peculiar that we can electronically track most anything
    yet, we fail to assure vehicles on the road when transferring ownership are
    assessed for safety recall violations. I'm sure there is a way to monitor vehicles by tracking VIN and DMV requiring seller to document vehicle limited recall campaign issues are addressed. I hope some Forum members are Toyota management/executives who hear my plea.
    Thank-you for your time and consideration
    Dave

Products Discussed in

To Top