1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member-Glad to join the Party

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tacomaniacal, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Nov 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Tacomaniacal

Tacomaniacal [OP] luv gettin in the Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    '01 double cab 3.4 2WD
    Custom grille, 7" Pioneer touchscreen DVD/iPod player, Dunlop Fierce Attitude 265/75/16 M/T
    Hi Guys,
    Just picked up a 2001 double cab 3.4l PreRunner for $3850 with about 160k miles on it. I feel i got a great deal. I have had a couple taco PreRunners in the past (95 3.0l & 98 3.4l) and 2 old skool toyota low boys with the 22r (585k miles on 1) and have never had an issue so when I saw this one I jumped on it! I needed the 4dr this time around since I have a 3 year old and now (2)wheel with a car seat. There was never really another option when it came to trucks.

this is how she looked when I got her. The paint is trashed, chrome hub caps (Baller status), trim peeling, billet grill is upside down and zip tied in along with one of the corner lights :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ive had the truck for a few thousand miles and need to save a little dough to do some cheap mods.
    1st: trashed the stock head unit. CD player didnt work and I hate FM radio
    I put in this Pioneer Touchscreen iPod/DVD unit in. Easily the best head unit I have ever had. Love the touchscreen but the fact that I can store hundred of albums on an SD card and dont have to change CD's and no skipping EVER! Its like having a jukebox at your finger tips!
    [​IMG]
    I mounted an iPod cradle and wired a bypass/relay switch next to it so the DVD player will work while the vehicle is in drive, otherwise it only plays DVDs when its in park. I like to play the music videos to the songs while driving...Just cuz I can!!:D
    [​IMG]
    Next was some new rubber. It had some worn Cooper Discover 265/70/16 tires on it and I got stuck in my own yard when it rained :confused: So out with the old and it with the new. Dunlop Fierce Attiude 265/75/16. had to ditch the chrome hub caps and bust out the Krylon too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    While I had the wheels of I had to address the Drums and Calipers. hit em w/ a wire brush and rattle canned em!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have done what I can so far with my limited budget.
    I still need to address the hood and roof where the paint is Phucked! I am thinking about vinyl wrapping it with scotch 3m black carbon fiber since I can do it for less than$200 and a paint job is too expensive. I wrapped my buddies BMW M3 and it looked SICK!

Future plans:
    16x8 Pro Comp flat black Rock crawlers with fake bead lock and 4.5"BS for a better look and wider stance. Since its 2WD, I hit every thing fast and full throttle and would like more stability a wider wheel base.

Flowmaster 40- w/ down or side outlet. I want it to sound good but i thinks the Super 44 is too much.

bilstien 5100/5110 setup- I might adjust them higher in the front but the fact is the ones on the truck are old so....

New headlights- current ones are fogged and I want the clear corner lights
    also would like to put HIDs and replace the fog lights with a 2nd bank of HIDs for better vision at night. Im gonna have to figure out how to wire in a switch to turn them off/on at will tho.

New tint- I need darker tint

New Bitch to ride shotgun! JK...not really :cool:

I am going to try and stick with the green and flat black look throughout the truck. I like it...kinda looks military and you can get everything in black now it seems. I hate chrome and shiny. too much work, too flashy.
    Pipe Dream: one day if/when the engine takes a shit, SBC time. 350ci w/6speed? IDK...it sounds good. Ill worry about that later

Anyhow glad to be a part of this forum finally. Looking forward to participating!

2. Nov 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

3. Nov 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome

4. Nov 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    Welcome to TW!

5. Nov 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    AcadianTaco

AcadianTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    N.B. Canada
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC TRD OFFROAD
    OME 885X with Bilstein 5100, Dakars with 5125, Wheeler's bumpstops, LR UCA
    Welcome to TW.

6. Nov 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome aboard!

7. Nov 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    Welcome from Clearwater! :wave:

8. Nov 29, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    J88logue

J88logue NorthWest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Welcome! My Chick is from PEnsacola

9. Nov 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    Tacomaniacal

Tacomaniacal [OP] luv gettin in the Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    '01 double cab 3.4 2WD
    Custom grille, 7" Pioneer touchscreen DVD/iPod player, Dunlop Fierce Attitude 265/75/16 M/T
    Hey guys thanks!
    Found a few miles of trails and some good mud today. finally getting to enjoy this truck
    [​IMG]

10. Nov 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    welcome to tw

Products Discussed in

To Top