Notices

Slightly different new guy in CO...

Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Snowstorm is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
Snowstorm's Tacoma Gallery
Slightly different new guy in CO...

Hello to TW!

My name is Jordan, I'm a freelance mechanic in CO. No special certifications or anything - everything I know I have taught myself with hard lessons, wrench time, and dedicated help from forums like this one.

My only truck (for now) is a 1978 full size Jeep J-10 pickup. I'm hoping this won't hinder my experience within this forum - the next truck I buy will be a taco, but I have no idea as of yet when that will be. However, I'm a fan of custom home fabrication and modification, and am always changing things around on my truck. I'm writing this little intro to get an idea as to how posts about the mods on the Jeep will be received...?

Also, I'm entirely here to learn. What drew me to this site was the discussions regarding MT and LT suspensions. I'm hoping to do a one of a kind build on my truck, and have already learned so much here...if you all don't really care about my truck I completely understand, but I'd still like to introduce myself and say a giant thank you for all of the information!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Hello to TW!

My name is Jordan, I'm a freelance mechanic in CO. No special certifications or anything - everything I know I have taught myself with hard lessons, wrench time, and dedicated help from forums like this one.

My only truck (for now) is a 1978 full size Jeep J-10 pickup. I'm hoping this won't hinder my experience within this forum - the next truck I buy will be a taco, but I have no idea as of yet when that will be. However, I'm a fan of custom home fabrication and modification, and am always changing things around on my truck. I'm writing this little intro to get an idea as to how posts about the mods on the Jeep will be received...?

Also, I'm entirely here to learn. What drew me to this site was the discussions regarding MT and LT suspensions. I'm hoping to do a one of a kind build on my truck, and have already learned so much here...if you all don't really care about my truck I completely understand, but I'd still like to introduce myself and say a giant thank you for all of the information!

Welcome to TW.
We have other members that dont have tacos.
Some will punk on you for the heep but its just in good fun.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome,
I am sure there are Tacoma owners on here who have Jeep experience also, and as far as suspensions and fabrication a lot of the concepts are universal anyway, so we might be able to learn from you as much as you learn from the knowledgable guys here.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, don't sweat it, have fun here!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Thank you all for the welcomes. TRDSurgie, if I was worried about a little hazing about the Juheep, I would never have bought it in the first place haha. Boerseun, I hope I don't disappoint! Now I just need to learn how to quote on here!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Thank you all for the welcomes. TRDSurgie, if I was worried about a little hazing about the Juheep, I would never have bought it in the first place haha. Boerseun, I hope I don't disappoint! Now I just need to learn how to quote on here!
little button at the bottom right of the person's post you want to quote that is marked "quote", the one next to that is for multi quotes, click that one on the first, second etc posts that you want and the last post you want to quote use the regular quote button
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
little button at the bottom right of the person's post you want to quote that is marked "quote", the one next to that is for multi quotes, click that one on the first, second etc posts that you want and the last post you want to quote use the regular quote button
Thanks for the info...that's much easier than some of the other forums I visit haha
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
Free Man
Hurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Duck
Hurtin Albertan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
the one next to that is for multi quotes, click that one on the first, second etc posts that you want and the last post you want to quote use the regular quote button
Holy fuck thanks, never noticed the multi quote button before.