1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma owner! Advice?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by WildLand, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dec 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    WildLand

WildLand [OP] Does Ursus arctos defecate in deciduous forest?

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra
    Hey
    I just bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 TRD PreRunner and wanted to know some things I could do with it and prices?
    I would like to get a "bull bar" I believe it is called or some other kind of front bar with maybe some lights on it. Also bug deflector and window visors. What would be some other mods and things to do and prices for all these that would make it an awesome looking truck (even if it isn't a 4 wheel drive)
    Thanks for any help!

425649_4683442375949_631632157_n.jpg

2. Dec 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    It's limitless :D spend 15 minutes on the site and I'm sure you'll find something you'd like to do to yours. Just be prepared for an empty wallet!

3. Dec 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    WildLand

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra
    haha tell me about it, I've been looking around on here and damn, so much to do and so many things you can do... Wish I had some more money :rolleyes:

4. Dec 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    davidjmay

davidjmay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Orange County/Azusa
    Vehicle:
    '00 PreRunner
    Pioneer HU & door speakers, Alpine type R, Kicker dx1000.1, OME 883 lift, Wheelers 2" AAL, custom mesh grille, smoked LED taillights, LED light bar, Raptor exhaust dumped before axle, custom fabbed roll bar/light bar mount
    Dude we have the same truck :cool: Be proud of your 2wd! Haha. I'm in the same position money-wise, I would first recommend plasti-dipping your emblems and badges black as I could not stand the look of chrome or silver accessories on my silver truck. I also redid my sound system, but other than those mods mine is still bone stock. BUT in the next month or so I am planning to:
    -Lift w/ OME 3" lift kit & new dakar springs ( )
    -Plasti-dip my stock rims, front and rear bumper & grill
    -LED tail lights, black corner & signal lights
    -throw on some 1.25" wheel spacers

Also, PLEASE look into this mod. It's inexpensive and it works. Deckplate mod: http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?url=http://home.ezonline.net/%7Ejnburtman/deckplate.html

Check this thread out too if you havent already. Some neat links for your DIY mods: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...y-how-thread-compiled-list-helpful-links.html

Hope this helped, congrats on your sweet new truck! :D

5. Dec 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG] Welcome to TW [​IMG] from Ferntucky, NV

6. Dec 17, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    WildLand

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra
    Did you replace your speakers or just the deck? and I wanna find some sweet headlights (maybe halos or something that doesn't look cheap) and bull bar, so much to do and so little money! Doesn't help I am a college student :cool: it's awesome knowing you have the same truck and thanks! Made a great choice with the Tacoma I do believe, even if it is 2WD and TRD still be able to get me off the road a little bit... I think right? haha

7. Dec 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    kkelson14

kkelson14 New Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota v6 3 litter 2wd
    Skid plate, fiber glass , new transmission, suspension tire rack in back
    Hey every one I just bought a 1991 Toyota pick up v6 3 litter 2wd. I just was wondering how I could get a little more power out of the engine for pretty cheep The tire size are 31 ones so it take power away from the truck and I also have a few questions about some new suspension and if you know of any good places that could help. Thanks

8. Dec 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    davidjmay

davidjmay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Orange County/Azusa
    Vehicle:
    '00 PreRunner
    Pioneer HU & door speakers, Alpine type R, Kicker dx1000.1, OME 883 lift, Wheelers 2" AAL, custom mesh grille, smoked LED taillights, LED light bar, Raptor exhaust dumped before axle, custom fabbed roll bar/light bar mount
    OP, I did everything. New head unit, new speakers, then I wasnt satisfied with the bass in the speakers so I added an amp and a subwoofer. Custom made box and installed everything myself, altogether cost about $500. I feel ya on the budget. I would think long and hard about buying a bull bar, Personally I would rather just save the money and go with a whole new tube bumper. For headlights, I would look into doing a projector retrofit, for legit HID projectors instead of the cheesy "halogen projectors" that Spyder makes, for example.

As far as off roading goes, check out this thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/252468-2wd-offroading-must-haves.html

I was in your same position about a year ago and I have been doing a lot of research on mods for my truck, to say the least. haha

9. Dec 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    WildLand

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra
    Hey man sorry, don't know what you could do but I have seen some mods on the site that could help. If no one replies on this thread you can make your own and someone could probably help!

10. Dec 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    WildLand

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra
    Yeah that's why I was going with the bull bar because the tube bumper is more expensive and was thinking that I could mount a couple of lights on the bar too. And I'll the truck for a long time, I just have to get it through my head that I don't need to buy everything right away. Alright sweet, I'll be checking ebay and stuff for some headlights. And i'll probably just take my new head unit and sub out of my BMW I'm selling and put it in thee truck

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top