1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2013 Taco Build Ideas -asking for help

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 2013NauticalTaco, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    2013NauticalTaco

2013NauticalTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    Katskin heated leather seats duo-tone black/blue, flowmaster dual side exit exhaust,Leer full window length camper, dick cepek dc2 wheels,Bridgestone AT 30" tires,2.5" readylift leveling kit
    Hello everyone , This is my first Tacoma My plans are actually listed in my signature of what I plan on doing . My truck is a 2013 v6 Nautical blue Tacoma 4 door TRD Sport Longbed. At this point its all stock but my plans are as follows. I am getting a Leer camper shell and bedrug. I plan on getting some Dick Cepeck C2 rims with big tires and either a leveling kit or 3 " lift.A Katzkin heated leather interior.automatic powered hideaway running boards. Volant CAI,Flowmaster Dual Exhaust.Skidplate-Brushguard,billet black grill w/trd logo.

I saw a few things here and there but I was wondering if there are any main modifications i should do . I am going to be driving it daily about 105 miles a day. I saw the charcoal screen removal to increase mileage . but is there any other IMPORTANT updates to anything else i need to make suspension, interior,brakes, anything I really need to be looking for. I have noticed there isnt a "STICKY" for that sort of thing . I also own a GTO and am on a LS2GTO forum there was a Sticky For new owners for each year mentioning Fix's or mods you should make to your car that will improve MPG/Driveability/ or just anything that really was overlooked from the factory. This might be a good addition to this site.... and if its already here please forgive me but i didnt see anything. Thanks for any input you guys would have

2. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Welcome, here's generally what you'll get momentarily.

Stay away from a spacer lift if you can at all afford to get something more functional (such as bilstein 5100 shocks and an AAL OR Old Man Emu lift kit--these two are popular). You'll also get this in general: don't bother with the CAI, your stock truck already has a CAI. Quite a few peeps here hate on FlowMaster and will tell you to go with MagnaFlow or pretty much anything else, most will say don't bother with a brush guard if you want actual protection in an impact and don't bother with the true dual exhaust for this truck, whether you want to do it for looks is on you.

That being said, there is a ton of info on here and I'm sure YOU will come up with what YOU want for YOUR truck, if you see what I'm getting at there :thumbsup: and you'll get plenty of guidance and direction from people on here. Definitely don't get caught up in people telling you that you should build your truck the way they say so, but also listen and learn. A lot of the guys on here have experience with products A and B and are just trying to help you do it right the first time. I'd say just do some hefty searching around before making any big buys. Look forward to seeing what ya do with the truck.

Welcome again :D

3. Dec 25, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    2013NauticalTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    Katskin heated leather seats duo-tone black/blue, flowmaster dual side exit exhaust,Leer full window length camper, dick cepek dc2 wheels,Bridgestone AT 30" tires,2.5" readylift leveling kit
    You said get an AAL forgive my newbness but whats that ? And i have seen alot about the bilstien 5100 shocks but do those actually lift the front or just make the suspension stiffer and is there anything else i ahould get with them like a kit of some sort or will those swap right out? Keep in mind this will be a dAily driven truck and off road times will be limited to every now and then when i get the itch to have a bit of fun . Also you say magnaflow sounds better and stay away from CAI's thats good info thanks . Any thoughts on these Throttle body spacers? Ive always been told they were a crock and do nothing but saw a few forum members running them .

4. Dec 29, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG] Welcome to TW [​IMG] from Ferntucky, NV

5. Dec 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    Welcome!

AAL = Add-A-Leaf

6. Jan 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    2013NauticalTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nautical Taco
    thanks Guys what site do you guys think will be the best to look at for these items? AAl and 3" lift or Old Man Emu kits?

7. Jan 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    SpE3dF0x

SpE3dF0x MD bound!

Member:
    First Name:
    Fox
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Tacoma Sport
    Nothing its tooo new!
    Do the 2013 TRD Sports come with 5100's, I too am new to this but love the look---and would prefer to do this in my garage. ReadyliftKit-2" or 5100's and AAL? HELP!

8. Jan 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    No they do not come from Toyota with 5100's.

I have the 5100's, eibach/Toytec springs set at .85 (front 2.5" lift) and I was able to use my stock UCA (upper control arms). For the rear I added a 3 leaf pack (rear 1.5" lift). The ride is excellent, I think, better than stock.

OME is a great kit (a bit more expensive) and but I believe you would have to replace the UCA for that lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top