1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brand new

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Homermp72, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dec 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    Homermp72

Homermp72 [OP] New Member

Member:
    South suburbs Chicago
    Vehicle:
    13 4x4
    Hello really like the forum you got going here. I've been reading for the last week or so and decided I should stop peeping and join. I was hoping I could get some knowledge passed on to me. Purchased my 2013 4x4 access cab about a month ago. I immediately noticed noticed the truck veered to the left. I already had an appointment set for some of my options to be put on so I added the issue to be looked at. Got the truck back and the paperwork they gave me read; road test vehicle pulls left combo A,C,D. Rotated from 2 tires, road test still pulls left, checked alignment, realigned vehicle goes straight. I drove the truck home and it was better but within the next day I noticed it still veered left. I brought it in again and was told the following: We tested it again and we tweaked the alignment just a hair the roads in this area, south suburbs of Chicago, have horrible roads because of the way they are laid for drainage causing the steering to be off. They showed me a printout of the alignment, not that I knew what I was looking at, showing it was all good. Being a bit intimidated I agreed but still notice I have to tilt the steering, about a half inch, slightly to the right to compensate for the veering to the left. It is definitely more distinct at higher speeds on the highway, interstate 80. My questions are can there be another cause or are the roads really causing the issue? Also if the roads were paved with a crest for drainage wouldn't the truck veer to the right when I drove down the same road in the other direction? I drive other vehicles down the same roads and don't notice this as much as I do with the new truck or is this just an issue that trucks have in general?

2. Dec 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Welcome. If your truck is 100% stock drivetrain then it should not veer at all. Now, with that that being said, different roads can have a major affect on steering. I had then same problem with my truck when it was brand new. Took it in constantly and kept complaining. They kept telling me "your alignment is within factory spec" and that my pull (to the right) is due to the crown in the road.

I find it extremely odd that your truck pulls left, because the roads are crowned, so regardless of which direction you are traveling, if that were the case then your vehicle would always pull right, not left. If the crown was towards the left then the center of the street would always flood. So to an extent, they are true, but they are also BSing you too.

That does not mean that you may not have a road every now and then which pulls you left due to bad paving or road wear, etc.

After my multiple dealer visits and multiple alignments, it wasnt until almost a year later at around 12,000 miles that I noticed uneven abnormal wear on the outer edges of my front tires. It was pretty bad. Your alignment is covered under a 1 year 12,000 mile warranty, which I had just surpassed. However, because of my multiple complaints, they tested again and finally said that it must be faulty tires. The alignemt results showed that it was in fact out of spec, but they said it "wasn't enough to cause the tire wear" and so the alignment was fixed to spec, and both front tires were replaced, free of charge. All my problems went away and it drove straight as a bullet for 2 more years. Then I lifted it, changed rims and tires, and have had small issues again ever since. :banghead:

Only thing I can advise you to do is keep a close eye on your tires, and keep bringing it in. Also, go to the correct section on the forum and post your question there. Be sure to include a copy of your alignment specs, either type them out or take a picture. Many people on here can give betted advice on what to do based on those numbers. Good luck

3. Dec 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG] Welcome to TW [​IMG] from Ferntucky, NV

4. Dec 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

Products Discussed in

To Top