1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi, from Calgary!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ChiveOn, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dec 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn [OP] City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Hi,

I have been stalking/lurking these forums for awhile and just decided to finally sign up and say HI!!!

To start I don't have a Tacoma yet....BUT I just ordered my 2013 Tacoma MGM DCSB 6spd manual TRD yesterday and it arrives in 3 weeks on my birthday of all days. I've been wanting a Tacoma for 5ish years now and finally after university and traveling I am ready to buy one. I can't wait to start enjoying owning a truck again.

When it comes to Tacoma's I have a lot of learning to do but from I what I see there are some great people on here to help.

Any tips and advice would be awesome! I am just negotiating the final price so any pointers are appreciated. Example: do I need undercoating?

I am always done for a cruise, meet, or trail run so if there are any members in Calgary PM me. I am from Kelowna B.C. and out there often if there are members there.

Cheers,

p.s.
    Chive On!

2. Dec 29, 2012 at 5:34 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
  3. Dec 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    Look around a bit - bunches of rust proofing/undercoating threads popping up lately! Lots of good info there.

Congrats on your future truck!

I recently purchased, and decided to skip any of the Toyota offered options except the trailering package. Can always go back to them and get the rest of that stuff later after you have some time to drive it, right?

4. Dec 29, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    Welcome to TW! Congrats on the new truck!

5. Dec 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    DikDikerson

DikDikerson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devon
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    13' 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport
    Welcome from a fellow Calgary member! I bet you wish you bought that truck a month ago with all the snow.

I'v had my 2013 for about 2 months now and am loving it. I got the undercoating done because of some of the stuff I'v read about our frames rusting. There is a HUGE markup on that type of service from the dealership so push for a deal, they have lots of room to move.

This site is going to cost you a bunch of money. I'm up to about $3000 in mods so far... and all stuff I didn't know I needed until I read it here.

Chive on to you sir!

6. Dec 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  7. Dec 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    Welcome!! Calgary is a beautiful place!

Products Discussed in

To Top