Notices

Finally, driving my first Tacoma.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
Crème fraîche.
ScissorMeTimbers is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Staff Sergeant - Electronic Warfare
Name: Matt
ScissorMeTimbers's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Finally, driving my first Tacoma.

Took awhile.

Bought a 2004 Nissan Titan a 4 years ago and traded in for a 07 Infiniti G35x (hoping for better mpg - Titan got 9mpg in the winter) only to realize after owning a truck you can't be happy driving a sedan. Felt like it took forever to pay that down before I could trade it in for my 08 Tacoma w/ TRD Off-Road. It has 80k miles but i'm not too worried about it, I plan to drive this truck till it dies. I loved modding my Titan but I don't plan to do too much in regards to the Tacoma.

near fututue mods (performance/exterior) -

1. AFE Pro-Dry Filter
2. Sockmonkey TRD Hawaii decal
3. Custom exhaust from local nebraska shop (custom exhaust on my titan for $320)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvAjNiCK5jo <-- exhaust vid
4. Plastidip my emblems
5. Window tint
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and congrats!!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Crème fraîche.

Okay so all the financing is done. With a 4 year/40k warranty and GAP insurance I got the truck for $23240. I'm very happy with it, feels so good to be back in a truck. Here are some pictures, is this the stock height on Tacomas? I love how high it sits for a mid-size truck -
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! The front definitely looks leveled
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that looks leveled. Take some front suspension pics and post them!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Goof Ball

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, Sorry - and Welcome!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
rrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: Richard
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.. Post pics of suspension and we will let u know.. Looks like it has a lol lift on it
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
Crème fraîche.

Passenger's side -

Driver's side -

Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
ahhh! Get rid of those asap!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
Crème fraîche.

Why? Are spacer lifts bad?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
ahhh! Get rid of those asap!
X2 and welcome. Might want to check out 5100s instead.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Meh...they're fine for mall crawlers I suppose, or if you strictly want lift and nothing else. I wouldn't go offroading with them...but thats just my opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScissorMeTimbers View Post
Why? Are spacer lifts bad?
Makes you ride quality much worse.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
rrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud ofrrh_2 has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: Richard
rrh_2's Tacoma Gallery
I had spacers on my truck at first and I never had any problems with them... I'm sure most people would say the same
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
Crème fraîche.

I'll look into upgrading to a better lift/suspension...might have to wait till after a deployment so I have the extra cash. No good off-roading spots in Eastern Nebraska anyway, I appreciate all the help and info!