New years camping!!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
laurnstar is on a distinguished road

Name: Lauren
laurnstar's Tacoma Gallery
New years camping!!

[ATTACH]187679[/ATTACH

New years camping!!-image-1.jpg
Shitty deal crashing your jeep down there!!
Attached Thumbnails
New years camping!!-image.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

Happy new year!!
It actually wasn't too bad after it got drunk out. Probably helped having my husky to snuggle in the tent with. All in all, wicked night! Wish I could have gotten further up the trail, the snow was just too thick.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Lol thats one way to stay warm.. i went on a fishing trip to lake tahoe it was around 25 at night, didn' t matter how many blankets i had it was stil cold..but on a side note the fishing was awesome
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #5

Awesome! 25.....I think that's -3 for us?? It's always good to warm up a layer of clothes one at a time, otherwise your body isn't working hard enough to warm up all those layers while sleeping. Fire helps LOL ,did ya ketch anything??
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.. caught around 20 trout in the 2 days we were there, camp fire would have been nice but the rangers made us put it out, they said you couldn't have a fire going if you were sleeping..
Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #7

sweet on the ketch, too bad about the stupid rangers!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #8
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurnstar View Post
Awesome! 25.....I think that's -3 for us?? It's always good to warm up a layer of clothes one at a time, otherwise your body isn't working hard enough to warm up all those layers while sleeping. Fire helps LOL ,did ya ketch anything??
Its sandwiched right between -2 and -3.

Winter outtings are the best, as long as you can sleep while well insulated from the ground!

If you're cold when you're sleeping - you need to get a good rated sleeping system, and DON'T wear a bunch of clothes while sleeping. The good systems are designed to retain, and reflect the heat back at you, so if you wear layers, its retaining your heat in them and not letting the sleeping bag work its magic. Just stick a set of clothing in around your feet to stay warm to avoid the goose bumps in the morning, and stick rest in a stuff sack and use them as a pillow

And the Rangers were smart to call off an unmonitored camp fire. Like you Canadians, us Minnesotan's do a lot of camping. While we have plenty of fires, we don't watch tens to hundreds of thousands of acres burn every year like they do during California's "Forest fire season". That being said, the last two major fires in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Quetico were caused by unattended/poorly extinguished camp fires. They destroyed massive areas of the park.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #9

I totally agree with safe fire practices and don't encourage leaving fires unattended at all!!! I was just saying that it would have been nice to be able to sleep next to one. I have been a fire fighter for 8 1/2 years and know that fires in snow don't travel very far, especially if you take the responsibility of keeping it in an open area with no risk of exposures such as trees, bushes and other combustibles.
I totally understand where you are coming from. We also deal with stupid hikers causing fires on the trail behind our town and it makes me very angry that people are so disrespectful and careless.