1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New years camping!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by laurnstar, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jan 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    laurnstar

laurnstar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    Image.jpg
    Shitty deal crashing your jeep down there!!

Image.jpg

2. Jan 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Damn.. thats intense snow camping, looks fun tho. How cold was it?

Oh and Happy New Year

3. Jan 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    laurnstar

laurnstar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    Happy new year!!
    It actually wasn't too bad after it got drunk out. Probably helped having my husky to snuggle in the tent with. All in all, wicked night! Wish I could have gotten further up the trail, the snow was just too thick.

4. Jan 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle:
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Lol thats one way to stay warm.. i went on a fishing trip to lake tahoe it was around 25 at night, didn' t matter how many blankets i had it was stil cold..but on a side note the fishing was awesome :D

5. Jan 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    laurnstar

laurnstar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    Awesome! 25.....I think that's -3 for us?? It's always good to warm up a layer of clothes one at a time, otherwise your body isn't working hard enough to warm up all those layers while sleeping. Fire helps LOL ,did ya ketch anything??

6. Jan 2, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle:
    Yes.. caught around 20 trout in the 2 days we were there, camp fire would have been nice but the rangers made us put it out, they said you couldn't have a fire going if you were sleeping..:rolleyes:

7. Jan 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    laurnstar

laurnstar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    sweet on the ketch, too bad about the stupid rangers!

8. Jan 5, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    Its sandwiched right between -2 and -3.

Winter outtings are the best, as long as you can sleep while well insulated from the ground!

If you're cold when you're sleeping - you need to get a good rated sleeping system, and DON'T wear a bunch of clothes while sleeping. The good systems are designed to retain, and reflect the heat back at you, so if you wear layers, its retaining your heat in them and not letting the sleeping bag work its magic. Just stick a set of clothing in around your feet to stay warm to avoid the goose bumps in the morning, and stick rest in a stuff sack and use them as a pillow :)

And the Rangers were smart to call off an unmonitored camp fire. Like you Canadians, us Minnesotan's do a lot of camping. While we have plenty of fires, we don't watch tens to hundreds of thousands of acres burn every year like they do during California's "Forest fire season". That being said, the last two major fires in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Quetico were caused by unattended/poorly extinguished camp fires. They destroyed massive areas of the park.

9. Jan 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    laurnstar

laurnstar [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    I totally agree with safe fire practices and don't encourage leaving fires unattended at all!!! I was just saying that it would have been nice to be able to sleep next to one. I have been a fire fighter for 8 1/2 years and know that fires in snow don't travel very far, especially if you take the responsibility of keeping it in an open area with no risk of exposures such as trees, bushes and other combustibles.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. We also deal with stupid hikers causing fires on the trail behind our town and it makes me very angry that people are so disrespectful and careless.

Products Discussed in

To Top