Notices

Hello from...all over!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
puckplayer is on a distinguished road
Navy: Sonar Tech, Second Class
Name: Tom
puckplayer's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from...all over!

Hey guys, new member here. My name is Tom and I've been reading the forum for a little while as I try to figure out what I want to buy, but I've finally decided on a Tacoma. Just waiting until after my next deployment to actually buy one.

Anyway, I'm currently in Chicago (where I'm from originally), but flying back to San Diego on Friday (where I'm stationed), and then in a month I'll be moving out to Virginia. Definitely looking forward to tackling some trails and mountains in the truck I haven't bought yet, haha.

So I guess for the important part...I'm looking to buy a 4x4 Access Cab w/ TRD OR in either Blue or Spruce. And then I have a feeling I'll be wanting to mod it a little bit, even though I have ZERO experience with that kind of stuff...or even working on cars for that matter.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
modmike is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
modmike's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Tom, first thanks for serving our country. You're going to love your new truck more than you already think you will! The guys on here make most of the mods very easy to follow, even if you don't have experience just take your time, and ask questions. Welcome to TW!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Thanks guys!

Modmike, I've already noticed everyone on here seems really friendly, which is a far cry from most of the forums I'm used to, haha. I've already seen a few of the mods I want to try out...and I'm pretty sure I want to try tackling putting on a different front (and maybe rear) bumper.

Basically, I just realized that the car I have now is not at all what I want and, while it's fun, it doesn't meet my needs. I love hiking and camping and just being outside...and I fully plan on using this truck as both a tool and a toy...not just as a means of getting from point A to point B.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man welcome. What are you going to do in VA? Norfolk?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Hey man welcome. What are you going to do in VA? Norfolk?
You know it. Just finished up a quick tour at Pearl Harbor. In San Diego currently for a few months of training before I head out to a ship in Norfolk...where I'll be going on deployment three days after I get there. Pretty nice welcome, haha.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
haha yea. might be better than staying in norfolk though. I haven't been there in a few years but it wasn't the nicest town. what ship are you going to? i wasn't navy but i have some friends there that are.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome & thank you for volunteering to serve our country!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
haha yea. might be better than staying in norfolk though. I haven't been there in a few years but it wasn't the nicest town. what ship are you going to? i wasn't navy but i have some friends there that are.
Heading out to the Mason, DDG-87. Should be pretty nice considering I'm coming off a 30 year old ship, the Crommelin, FFG-37.

I'm actually looking forward to going to a different platform...and a ship that's ten years newer.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Ok so, I'm just going to post this in here and get it out of the way...

But I'm assuming you guys have seen the Top Gear episodes where they try to destroy the Hilux?

...yeah. Those are actually the real reasons why I started liking Tacomas. I'm literally counting down the days until I get mine. And until then, I've just been coming on here and reading as much about them to try and satisfy myself, haha.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
One day at a time
Cerulean is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
Cerulean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckplayer View Post
But I'm assuming you guys have seen the Top Gear episodes where they try to destroy the Hilux?
I'm in the same boat there, I wanted to get a small truck since seeing those episodes, I love how they have the truck on display in their showroom now

and from what I saw car shopping the Tacoma is miles ahead of the other options on the market
Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
another minion
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from TX!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and thanks for your service!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
welcome and thank you for your service!!