Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Wheel to Wheel Running Board Tacoma

Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
BillE1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
BillE1's Tacoma Gallery
Question Wheel to Wheel Running Board Tacoma

I have a 2012 Double Cab and cannot find anyone that provides wheel to wheel running boards with step to access bed.
Does anyone have a solution(s)?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

and yeah i think sliders are about the only way. all tho i thought i saw a pic of a DCLB that had some n fab style that had a 3rd step got access the bed. idk if N-fab was who made them or someone els.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
You can have some plates added to the top to make nicer steps, but sliders are way more functional and durable than steps!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
BillE1's Tacoma Gallery
bed steps for Double Cab Tacoma

Not sure what sliders are but I think I get the idea. Who makes and where can I get more info?

Also not sure how I qualify a junior member. At 71 I'm way beyond Junior.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/.../productID/353
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE1 View Post
Not sure what sliders are but I think I get the idea. Who makes and where can I get more info?

Also not sure how I qualify a junior member. At 71 I'm way beyond Junior.

Sliders are basically step bars but they're made to take the weight of the truck if you come down on them while off roading. BAMF (Bay Area Metal Fabrication) makes a nice set with fill plates so they can act like running boards and provide a functional step. Each manufacturer's sliders will be a little different. Some are tucked up tight to the body, some stick out quite a bit and can be used as a step to access the bed. All good sliders should go from wheel to wheel.

This is similar to the set I ordered from BAMF:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...-shipping.html
Mine won't have the kick out at the tail end though.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a LONG BED??

OEM running boards will go from fender to fender on a DCSB. I don't know what the DCLB OEM running boards would look like - but I would assume they'd fit fender to fender.

I have a set of Double Cab running boards on my access cab. Fender to fender basically.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
BillE1's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma Wheel to Wheel Running boards

Janster, thanks for the response. My DC Tacoma is a short bed. I have looked and could not find any. Do you know of any OEM's?

Bill
Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
BillE1's Tacoma Gallery
Janster

PS it is short bed

Bill
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE1 View Post
Janster, thanks for the response. My DC Tacoma is a short bed. I have looked and could not find any. Do you know of any OEM's?

Bill
Do some Google searching.... type in: OEM tacoma running boards DCSB
Or try different word combinations.

Then hit 'IMAGES' - you'll see OEM oval tube style running boards, OEM Running boards, NFAB RUNNING BOARDS, etc. You just gotta search around and see what you like.