Notices

Picking up Tacoma Today

Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
linne758 is on a distinguished road
Navy: 1st Class Petty Officer NMCB15
Name: Scott
linne758's Tacoma Gallery
Picking up Tacoma Today

Picking up my new Tacoma today. First car was a 1985 Toyota Camry my mom passed down to me in high school. It was baby blue and had chrome hubcaps. It was badass...NOT!! So I just bought the 2013 Tacoma last night. Long time between Toyota's. I bought it mostly for the rims, seriously, and the fact that the front brakes look tight through the wheels. Lame I know, but I'm a sucker for looks. It was late last night when I bought it and they just received it yesterday from Toyota so it hadn't yet gone through the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) yet. I started it up to take it on a test drive and the odometer said one mile. I was pretty stoked knowing that no one had even taken it on a test drive except for me. I drove one last week that had nineteen miles and I thought about the different test drives and people possibly romping on it. Not the case with this bad boy. I thought I was going to have one shipped in from another dealer because they didn't have the exact one I wanted at Allen Toyota in Gulfport, MS, whch is the closest dealer to where I am currently stationed for a couple months. The sales manager said that they got one in today (yesterday) exactly how I wanted it. Sweet! I was going for a mini Ford Raptor look, so didn't want the SR5 package because it includes color matched fender flares and a chrome rear bumper that seemed out of place to me, and a chrome grill surround, not cool in my opinion. The pieces just didn't seem to flow in my opinion with the toughness look of the truck. The sticker was $29,818.00. They sold it to me for dealer invoice which was roughly $1800 off at $28,000. I got the Toyota rebates of $1500, one for $1000 of the sport/TSS package, and another $500 from Toyota, plus $1000 for recent college grad, plus another $500 for being a USAA member. I paid the taxes up front of $1434. After the stupid dealer fee of $349 and a couple miniscule fees, I was out the door for $25,364.00. I think I did pretty damn good, at least I feel good about it so that's all that matters. Ok, I'll shut it for now. Pics to come ASAP!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
linne758 is on a distinguished road
Navy: 1st Class Petty Officer NMCB15
Name: Scott
linne758's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dan, I've never been able to keep from moding a vehicle and I don't think this truck will be any different. I try not too but it never works out. Fog lights first. Can't have bare ass fog light covers. Then bed extender for sure.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Lots of great builds on here to look at and get ideas.