1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Picking up Tacoma Today

Discussion in 'New Members' started by linne758, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    linne758

linne758 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO but currently Gulfport, MS
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB PreRunner TSS
    WeatherTech, Magnaflow, TRD Skidplate and Shiftknob, OEM Bedmat, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wiper Switch
    Picking up my new Tacoma today. First car was a 1985 Toyota Camry my mom passed down to me in high school. It was baby blue and had chrome hubcaps. It was badass...NOT!! So I just bought the 2013 Tacoma last night. Long time between Toyota's. I bought it mostly for the rims, seriously, and the fact that the front brakes look tight through the wheels. Lame I know, but I'm a sucker for looks. It was late last night when I bought it and they just received it yesterday from Toyota so it hadn't yet gone through the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) yet. I started it up to take it on a test drive and the odometer said one mile. I was pretty stoked knowing that no one had even taken it on a test drive except for me. I drove one last week that had nineteen miles and I thought about the different test drives and people possibly romping on it. Not the case with this bad boy. I thought I was going to have one shipped in from another dealer because they didn't have the exact one I wanted at Allen Toyota in Gulfport, MS, whch is the closest dealer to where I am currently stationed for a couple months. The sales manager said that they got one in today (yesterday) exactly how I wanted it. Sweet! I was going for a mini Ford Raptor look, so didn't want the SR5 package because it includes color matched fender flares and a chrome rear bumper that seemed out of place to me, and a chrome grill surround, not cool in my opinion. The pieces just didn't seem to flow in my opinion with the toughness look of the truck. The sticker was $29,818.00. They sold it to me for dealer invoice which was roughly $1800 off at $28,000. I got the Toyota rebates of $1500, one for $1000 of the sport/TSS package, and another $500 from Toyota, plus $1000 for recent college grad, plus another $500 for being a USAA member. I paid the taxes up front of $1434. After the stupid dealer fee of $349 and a couple miniscule fees, I was out the door for $25,364.00. I think I did pretty damn good, at least I feel good about it so that's all that matters. Ok, I'll shut it for now. Pics to come ASAP!!

2. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome to TW Scott, thank you for your service.

3. Jan 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    linne758

linne758 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO but currently Gulfport, MS
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB PreRunner TSS
    WeatherTech, Magnaflow, TRD Skidplate and Shiftknob, OEM Bedmat, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wiper Switch
    Thanks Dan, I've never been able to keep from moding a vehicle and I don't think this truck will be any different. I try not too but it never works out. Fog lights first. Can't have bare ass fog light covers. Then bed extender for sure.

4. Jan 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    Congrats! Lots of great builds on here to look at and get ideas.

Products Discussed in

To Top