Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Road noise while driving 25-45mph!! Help

Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
tloya3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trinidad
tloya3's Tacoma Gallery
Road noise while driving 25-45mph!! Help

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Tacoma, its an 07 double cab with a 2" leveling kit. I have started noticing a vibration noise during certain speeds and I am in need of help...! Any suggestions? I have done a ton of checks but still getting the noise...HELP!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
dran714 is on a distinguished road
Name: darren
dran714's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same noise too like a vibration at 20 to 40 mph.. driving me nuts too
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Try a search - there are a lot of solutions people have come up with.

Most of the time it is the carrier bearing, or drive shaft contributing to the vibrations, and it can be remedied quickly. There are numerous threads detailing how to figure out which one it is, and exactly how to diagnose and treat it.

Welcome!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #5

tloya3's Tacoma Gallery
It is a 4X4. Here are some of the things that I have done to remedy this problem: I have road balanced and spin balanced the tires, I got an alignment done, I changed the front differential oil to see if there were any shavings that could be noticed. I have a couple of mechanic friends that have checked out the under carriage and everything seems tight as far as the bearings go... what else should I check...?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
It's not a malfunction. It's a by-product of the lift on our trucks combined with the front differential.

Here's an easy test...drive at a speed where you're getting the vibrations...then switch to 4WD high. If the vibes go away, it's the common front diff problem. If that's the case, I suggest buying that bearing from ECGS as I mentioned in my last post. It's proven to eliminate the driveline vibrations in the front diff.

I'll be buying one from them soon and installing it myself.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #7

tloya3's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks pra4sno and the traveler!! I will look into replacing that part, hopefully it helps!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #8

tloya3's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldl the vibe go away it I took off the 2" leveling kit?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #10

tloya3's Tacoma Gallery
Problem hopefully fixed

I took the leveling kit off and I am happy to report that I don't hear the bibs anymore, thanks for your help. Also if anyone wants to buy a 2" leveling kit I have one for sale....!!!!!