Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

leaf sping pin/bolt

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Fleag is on a distinguished road
Fleag's Tacoma Gallery
leaf sping pin/bolt

hello, i recently found out i cracked my rear leaf spring. toyota wants to charge me $985 to fix. well i dont have that kind of money right now. coworkers told me to take out the center leaf on each side. and it will lower it just a bit. but they are telling me to get a center bolt to hold the springs together. i called toyota if they can help, they told me i had to purchase the whole spring. FORGET THAT!
my question is what kind of bolt should i use for the center and if it is safe to use if i but from a hardware store?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleag View Post
hello, i recently found out i cracked my rear leaf spring. toyota wants to charge me $985 to fix. well i dont have that kind of money right now. coworkers told me to take out the center leaf on each side. and it will lower it just a bit. but they are telling me to get a center bolt to hold the springs together. i called toyota if they can help, they told me i had to purchase the whole spring. FORGET THAT!
my question is what kind of bolt should i use for the center and if it is safe to use if i but from a hardware store?

This area for introductions only, now get out...
Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
You may be able to find used leaf packs from a salvage yard and use that. You may find that it may lower the truck more than just a bit by taking out a spring.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Fleag is on a distinguished road
Fleag's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
This area for introductions only, now get out...
just call me a rookie!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Ome dakars......allpro expos

Or do the OMD leaf pack......

Much better than taking a leaf out
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Devout is on a distinguished road

Devout's Tacoma Gallery
What about replacing the broken one with a Skyjacker or some other add a leaf?