Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Tacoma owner from Utah

Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma owner from Utah

Hello everyone!

New owner of a new/used 2012 double cab tacoma. I picked it up toyota certified with 3500 miles on the odometer! Looking forward to learning a lot from this site. My previous vehicle was a 2010 Nissan Xterra Off Road, I must say the Tacoma feels better built than the Xterra. My only issue, and my first thread is regarding the right rear passenger tire seems to stick out about 1/2" further than the rear drivers side. I am going to measure everything tomorrow to see if the bed is off center. Here are a few quick pics of my truck.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
good looking truck welcome fellow utahn this place is cold as shit

jack it up throw some 18's on 33x12.50s
Thanks man, it has been pretty chilly lately.....I need a garage heater so I can mess with the new rig!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck.....welcome from Ohio.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
It's been freezing! Welcome man! Here are a couple Utah threads:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...bs-thread.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ts-see-em.html

The misaligned bed is a common issue. I saw your other thread. All good suggestions.

i am worried this weather is gonna take a hard toll on my truck i dont have a garage for my truck. and it seems to fire up every morning. but i know cold is hard on batteries
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
GFY

Quote:
good looking truck welcome fellow utahn this place is cold as shit

jack it up throw some 18's on 33x12.50s
the pics are small. it is lifted 2" with 18s and 285/65/18 Nittos
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
GFY

Quote:
It's been freezing! Welcome man! Here are a couple Utah threads:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...bs-thread.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ts-see-em.html

The misaligned bed is a common issue. I saw your other thread. All good suggestions.

Thanks, if I find the bed is centered and need someone to check out my rear axel can you recommend a shop? I am taking it back to the dealer monday but it is driving me crazy and I have all day free tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i am worried this weather is gonna take a hard toll on my truck i dont have a garage for my truck. and it seems to fire up every morning. but i know cold is hard on batteries
Yep, especially with all the damn salt that they coat the roads with... It's going to rust my truck to hell...
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
Quote:
Yep, especially with all the damn salt that they coat the roads with... It's going to rust my truck to hell...
i know its a real bitch and i wash my truck once a week i would rather have ice than that salt shit on my paint. i cant wait to move to 'AZ
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeadTaco View Post
Thanks, if I find the bed is centered and need someone to check out my rear axel can you recommend a shop? I am taking it back to the dealer monday but it is driving me crazy and I have all day free tomorrow.
I don't really know many shops. Try posting on the Utah BS tread and asking if some others do. If I had to suggest someone I've heard that Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters is very knowledgable.
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/index.html
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
GFY

Quote:
I don't really know many shops. Try posting on the Utah BS tread and asking if some others do. If I had to suggest someone I've heard that Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters is very knowledgable.
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/index.html

Thanks man
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Quote:
Moving to AZ sounds very tempting!
always warm your truck can stay shining year round girls, i mean whats there not to like

and its not Mormon run haha
Old 01-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #16
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! You can dig around on here and find that the bed misalignment issue is common - and generally an easy fix. Good luck with it, and let us know what you figure out!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ga.