Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New member, second yota

Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
nug life is on a distinguished road
nug life's Tacoma Gallery
New member, second yota

Hey guys im new here so I figured i should introduce myself and my truck.

So I just purchased a 2003 TRD Tacoma Prerunner V6 about 2 weeks ago. I was looking for 4x4 or a WRX but this awesome deal showed up and I couldn't pass on it. Its a 2003, one owner, 104k, clean title, TRD, locking topper w/ windoors, and best of all I got it for almost 2k below KBB. My original plan was to drive this truck till the right WRX showed up but after a couple weeks of owning it I'm sold on it and plan to keep it at least another 200k. Im open to ideas for mods, at this point the topper and debadging is about all that has been done. I plan on building a sleeping platform next.

Prior to this I owned a 91 reg cab 4x4 pickup (22re). I loved that truck. It was my first vehicle and I had worked construction for a couple summers in highschool to save up to buy it. But after owning it for 2 years some dude who worked for enterprise (and was driving a rental at the time) ran a red light and totaled my beloved truck that I had worked so hard to get. I ended up putting the insurance money towards college and spent the next 4 years car-less till I graduated and now here I am....

If you read all this props to you!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
A comfortable ride is for chumps
Athlaos is on a distinguished road

Name: Athlaos
Athlaos's Tacoma Gallery
I read it all. Hopefully there isn't an exam later though. Tough story about the '91, I cringe at thinking how much money I would lose if someone totaled my truck. My world would be upside down, that's for sure.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
shoulda got a wrx

no, i was in the same boat. i had an Si for a while and wanted to get back in the truck, and got a good deal on my taco, but a few days after i bought it i saw a killer deal on an srt8 and it kind of broke my heart lol.

i dont regret it though, i have a ski i have to pull and i fish a few times a week and its nice being able to have a bed to haul stuff instead of the back seat/trunk
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
nug life is on a distinguished road
nug life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
shoulda got a wrx

no, i was in the same boat. i had an Si for a while and wanted to get back in the truck, and got a good deal on my taco, but a few days after i bought it i saw a killer deal on an srt8 and it kind of broke my heart lol.

i dont regret it though, i have a ski i have to pull and i fish a few times a week and its nice being able to have a bed to haul stuff instead of the back seat/trunk
ohh man if the right WRX pops up I might not be able to help myself lol but after a few months of searching it seems like they're all high milage, bad title, driven too hard, or way over priced. Im definitely happy for now.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned (3) count 'em......three...Subarus within the last 10 years. Great vehicles between 0-90,000 miles. The problem with owning one is after you get into the high mileage category and keep modding. Or buy one with 75k+ that has been modded.

I loved them - don't get me wrong - but I came over to Toyota to get something that will continue to be reliable even after I make some changes.

Another thing to note is that my last WRX netted 1mpg better (average) than my Tacoma.