1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member, second yota

Discussion in 'New Members' started by nug life, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Jan 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    nug life

nug life [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Xtra Cab
    Hey guys im new here so I figured i should introduce myself and my truck.

So I just purchased a 2003 TRD Tacoma Prerunner V6 about 2 weeks ago. I was looking for 4x4 or a WRX but this awesome deal showed up and I couldn't pass on it. Its a 2003, one owner, 104k, clean title, TRD, locking topper w/ windoors, and best of all I got it for almost 2k below KBB. My original plan was to drive this truck till the right WRX showed up but after a couple weeks of owning it I'm sold on it and plan to keep it at least another 200k. Im open to ideas for mods, at this point the topper and debadging is about all that has been done. I plan on building a sleeping platform next.

Prior to this I owned a 91 reg cab 4x4 pickup (22re). I loved that truck. It was my first vehicle and I had worked construction for a couple summers in highschool to save up to buy it. But after owning it for 2 years some dude who worked for enterprise (and was driving a rental at the time) ran a red light and totaled my beloved truck that I had worked so hard to get. I ended up putting the insurance money towards college and spent the next 4 years car-less till I graduated and now here I am....

If you read all this props to you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Athlaos

Athlaos Destruction Mode

Member:
    First Name:
    Leigh
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Manual TRD SC 1.87" pulley
    A flux retro-capacitance encabulator
    I read it all. Hopefully there isn't an exam later though. Tough story about the '91, I cringe at thinking how much money I would lose if someone totaled my truck. My world would be upside down, that's for sure.

3. Jan 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    shoulda got a wrx :p

no, i was in the same boat. i had an Si for a while and wanted to get back in the truck, and got a good deal on my taco, but a few days after i bought it i saw a killer deal on an srt8 and it kind of broke my heart lol.

i dont regret it though, i have a ski i have to pull and i fish a few times a week and its nice being able to have a bed to haul stuff instead of the back seat/trunk

4. Jan 5, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    nug life

nug life [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Xtra Cab
    ohh man if the right WRX pops up I might not be able to help myself lol but after a few months of searching it seems like they're all high milage, bad title, driven too hard, or way over priced. Im definitely happy for now.

5. Jan 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    I've owned (3) count 'em......three...Subarus within the last 10 years. Great vehicles between 0-90,000 miles. The problem with owning one is after you get into the high mileage category and keep modding. Or buy one with 75k+ that has been modded.

I loved them - don't get me wrong - but I came over to Toyota to get something that will continue to be reliable even after I make some changes.

Another thing to note is that my last WRX netted 1mpg better (average) than my Tacoma.

Products Discussed in

To Top