1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Windnc, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jan 5, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    Windnc

Windnc [OP] New Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Dual Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just got my first Tacoma! Its a beautiful blue 2011 Dual Cab V-6 4x4. Have been missing having a truck and especially 4WD since I sold my old 89 F-150 4x4 back in 2006. I have been driving a Volvo XC-70 AWD which is a great vehicle, excellent on snow and ice, but not enough ground clearance for true 4x4 work or off roading on the beach.

So far I am very pleased with the much more comfortable ride and far nicer interior compared to my previous F-150 too.

Now I am excited to have a great truck again as well as plenty of pulling power to tow my windsurfing trailer. Also to have true 4WD to get me out to the beach ocean/wave sailing windsurfing spots on North Carolina's Outer Banks and east coast beaches where 4x4 is a must when driving through the deep sand.

Here are a couple photos including one of my recently installed Thule XSporter racks for carrying windsurfing and stand up paddle boards, kayaks, and lumber for those inevitable home improvement runs to Lowes and back.

Windnc[​IMG]
    SE Virginia

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/298517/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/94439

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/298516/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/94439

2. Jan 5, 2013 at 4:10 AM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    love the color, and love the rack, makes me want to rig something up to hold my fishing poles.

welcome

3. Jan 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :wave:

4. Jan 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    Brad Lord

Brad Lord Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canon, Ga.
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Chrome nerf bars and many more to come.
    WELCOME and CONGRATS !!