Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Newbie in Jax

Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
SeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: PO1
Name: James
SeminoleTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie in Jax

Good evening fellow gearheads. A buddy of mine (2K4Taco) invited me to a meetup here in the Jacksonville area where I met a few other Taco owners. Even though I was the only non-Silver Taco owner I had a great time and shared some great ideas/tips. I have read countless posts on this forum in regards to Tacomas and it was only a matter of time before I joined.

I have had my Tacoma since June of 2012 and since then installed a 3" ProComp Add-a-leaf, Volant Air Box, and tires. I do most of the maintenance and servicing myself and all the aftermarket stuff (if I can't do it then I am not buying it).

I am engaged, currently serve in the Navy like many in this area, and grew up in The South.

I hope we can do more meetups and maybe a few trips to some nice trails or major events like 4WheelParts Jamboree. Anyway, here's a pic of my Taco hiding behind a tree:

Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Bud! I'm glad you found us!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE
Christianson.USMC is on a distinguished road
Marines: Purple Heart Vet (Active Duty)
Name: Will
Christianson.USMC's Tacoma Gallery
Sh!t finally found some TW guys from j-ville in the millitary. Do you guys do any meet-ups and if so where and when. BTW I do a ton of work for buddies trucks and myself and have th tools and a big garage let me know if you need any help with your taco
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Cowboy View Post
Welcome!
THX, What do you think of the TX was it worth the extra cash if you are planning on doing the upgrades anyways
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #10
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
We are having a big meet the weekend of Jan. 25th. in citrus. it's a campout meet. They are a sh!t ton of fun. Kinda far from Jax. but well worth the trip.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianson.USMC View Post
damn, my mother in law will be over jan 25th to see my new born daughter for the first time born de. 9th. how often do you all do meets
Dude the guys here in Cent. Florida meet up all the time but we have campout meets when it starts getting cool. usually 2 to 3 a year.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #15
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn, my mother in law will be over jan 25th to see my new born daughter for the first time born de. 9th. how often do you all do meets
There's usually a couple throughout the year. Ton's of great pics of them. Sadly I've never been able to make it to a large TW meet, but I've been to a few Hooters events and off road with TW guys before .

I'd like to get a off road trip going sometime during early spring. I now can get a few paid vacation days at work, I'd like to use them to go wheeling with TW.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #16
WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE
That's a lil far especially with a new born, and I am stuck helping around the house while the wife recovers. Will have to to keep tabs later when i can travel i will roll.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #17

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a lil far especially with a new born, and I am stuck helping around the house while the wife recovers. Will have to to keep tabs later when i can travel i will roll.
yep i hear ya. go to the florida section there is a jax owners thread. I think they are trying to get a meet together if not you can always throw it out there.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #20

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jax, fl or jax NC

I am in jacksonville , nc
oh dang ok now don't i feel like the dam village freakin idiot..ok I thought the op was here in Fl. my bad brother...well then hell yeah it would be a far drive for ya...