Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

new guy in NH

Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
bmpskir will become famous soon enoughbmpskir will become famous soon enough

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
new guy in NH

So I have been lurking for a couple of weeks while I waited for my new truck to do some research and get ideas and finally decided to join the group now that I have it. I got a 2010 double cab long bed in timberland mica but before I get there this is what I just sold... I literally shed a tear on this one... I loved that truck!

This was more of a toy for me and wasn't very good for driving in Boston for work - nevemind the gas mileage but it wouldn't fit in parking garages...

Now I have to start from scratch on the Tacoma... Here she is the day I got her home:

So far I have taken off the unibrow, debadged, added weathertech window deflectors and floor liners, and taken all mudflaps off. I might trim the rears and put them back on tho... I am having second thoughts with the LB, but I would rather have a 6' bed for use than the 5... it definitely looks like a limo so a lift will be ordered tomorrow. I will do bilstein 5100s at 1.75 and 3 leaf AAL. I will drive this 150-200 miles a day for work so I don't need/want to go that high yet, but I HAVE to do something to make it look better. I will then do SCS F5s in either matte black or bronze - would love to see what those look like on TM before I do it tho... I am getting a used set of headlights to do the BHLM and keep my stock smoked... and will probably do a billet style grill again like the Tundra... those are the plans as of now!

A bit about me - I have been a gearhead my whole life and have always worked on my stuff - I do everything except welding and bodywork.

hello TW!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #2

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
here is another project that I am working on:

A 73 Chevy K5 blazer - one of three years for the full vert! It may not look like much now but that will change... with enough money and time like always... I have redone the frame, added a steering box brace, 6" BDS front springs, 2" rears with ORD 4" shackle flip, dana 60 up front and corp 14 bolt in the rear with disk brake conversion...(SAS for taco?) cross over steering, etc etc... was going to go BB but I think a LS 6.0 is back as the first choice...

whattya think?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dude! Nice to have ya!!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #6

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #8

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
there is a local! hey!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
WOW,

Another TW Tacoma from DOVA'...

That was a beautiful TUNDRA ..

Enjoy the tranformation of the Tacoma and as always..need help ...just ask....
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome..and like bostonbilly said, join us there too!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #11

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
WOW,

Another TW Tacoma from DOVA'...

That was a beautiful TUNDRA ..

Enjoy the tranformation of the Tacoma and as always..need help ...just ask....

nice! I take it you are in Dova as well! Same back at you - if you need any help just let me know!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
rtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to all

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome again. I'm totally doing the SCS F5s in bronze. I have a Nautical Blue Tacoma. I think they would look sweet on your TM truck too. The OP on the SCS F5 thread might be able to hook you up with a photoshop pic of your truck with the wheels on it. I know he was doing that when the wheels first came out.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #13

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
^^nice! I will ask! I have had black rims on a bunch of trucks and am getting sick of it... that bronze is pretty sweet... that is a no brainer on nautical blue but I am not sold on the TM yet...
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #14

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
here is a nice FJ62 that I had for a few years as a winter truck...

Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #15
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Great looking truck, and I dig your projects!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 AM   #16
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
awesome truck, and welcome from central NH! you should come to the next NE meet!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #17

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to come to the next meet - just gotta get time off from wifey and 3 kids under 4! not always an easy task but I will try!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #18
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpskir View Post
I'd love to come to the next meet - just gotta get time off from wifey and 3 kids under 4! not always an easy task but I will try!
Definetely explains the NEED for 4 doors ...

Keep your eyes OPEN for "news" in the New England section....

A few "Meet & greets" coming up early spring; one in March will be in Rochester...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #19

bmpskir's Tacoma Gallery
yeah - first mod was sticking 3 car seats in the back of the truck... the one in Rochester is like 5 minutes from me so that is a no brainer... I will look out for them... I cover Boston and the north shore for work so I am always down there too...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
That Tundra was a beast!! Like the FJ too.