1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nooby Here + 1 question.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TacomaNooby, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    TacomaNooby

TacomaNooby [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    4door 08 TRD OFF ROAD
    Hello i just joined tacomaworld and just posting here because i was asked to. Anyways i have a 2008 Tacoma double cab TRD OFF RAOD package with tow package. I bought it at 64k miles from a dealership but now its making a sound (grinding sound) whenever i turn my steering wheel left or right while stepping on the brakes to come to a stop. It sounds like my tires rubbing off the mudguard (the tires are a bit bigger then to stock ones) but i lifted the truck up and checked the tires and mudguard but found no evidence of rubbing. im worried it might be in the suspension. any tips clues or helps is greatly appreciated.

2. Jan 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Well first of all, welcome to TW from Orlando!

If the sound is only happening when applying the brake and turning, I doubt it's going to be suspension related.

When did this noise start? Any big changes before the noise that might be an indicator?

Fink

3. Jan 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

4. Jan 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    TacomaNooby

TacomaNooby [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    4door 08 TRD OFF ROAD
    No, i did not make any changes. at first i didnt realize the noise until i made a sudden hard right while applying the brakes and hitting a small bump. Then i started recognizing the noise more and more. If i apply the brakes and make a hard right or left AND if i go on or off the driveway turning my steering wheel right or left but hitting the driveway hump a little hard then it makes the sound. Should i turn left or right slowing or drive up and off the driveway slowing while turning the steering wheel, it makes no sound. Again the sound only happens when its a hard right or left like turning into a parking slot or when hitting the driveway hump while applying the brakes, if i slowing turn into the parking slot or slowly go up the driveway then it makes no sound. im actually starting to think the dealer sold me a bad truck but then again it could of been my doing.

Products Discussed in

To Top